These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: Waze on Android

Post by RussPA
Play wrote:WHAT'S NEW
Saving time & avoiding traffic is even easier with this update:

Fixed a bug that prevented some drivers from entering their password.
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.69

RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4

POSTER_ID:17152350

Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by shyguyry_12
When attempting to take a picture for a place in landscape, Waze will take the picture but will not let you use it.
This persists even after returning to portrait and for subsequent shots unless you back out of the camera and re-attempt to take the photo from the beginning. I observed this on both of my phones updated to the latest version of Waze (4.91.0.2)- a Pixel 7 Pro running Android 13 and a OnePlus 7T running Android 11.

https://youtu.be/Eki2WLq1cEY (video of the bug)

shyguyry_12
Send a message
Your friendly neighborhood Shyguy™

Post by ShadowOfLight1976
I am trying to activate the mic on demand to speak an address, but when I do, the map just freezes and it never activates. I can hit the android back button and you see a brief screen flash or like it is closing or minimizing an invisible overlay, and the map moves again. Hit the mic to try and speak an address, same thing, no matter how long you wait where nothing on the screen responds to being touched until you hit Android back button again. Tried reinstalling, giving all permissions, clearing cache/data etc. What is odd is, if I go to manually type it in, and then choose android assistant mic from the v-keyboard, it will listen and transfer the text to Waze. So something in the app itself relating to mic activation is glitching. I even got a replacement tablet, but same issue. I do not seem to have this problem with google maps and speech to text, nor any issue with my cell phone. It wouldn't be an issue, but my near sight is not good and it is very hard to use phone screens for navigation.

Sunshine T1 Elite
Android 11 Go Edition
Waze Ver. 4.95.0.3
USA

ShadowOfLight1976
Send a message

Post by SD777x
Feedback: Allow the Waze app to be used on the phone when in Android Auto.  On iOS / Carplay you can use your Carplay Waze AND the iPhone app at the same time.  Why?  Because when you are limited to Android Auto only you lose your route list, you lose the traffic information/list, and it's a lot more difficult and distracting doing simple things like rerouting.
SD777x
Send a message

Post by RussPA
That was an issue with older versions of the app, be sure you are on the latest (4.82).
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
It would be helpful if you could add your vote to one of these related suggestions.  The more votes, the more likely staff will take note.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
OlderTimer wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:29 pm Im currently using version 4.82.0.2
Whenever I make a Google Voice report while driving, I get an error message, " Woops something went wrong, can't find your position on the map"

Earlier, the only workaround was to get version 4.80.01.  Is there any more recent fix?

Unfortunately, this bug has not yet been fixed.

RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by reikarAudi
world_wqiawe6s wrote:Can we get the option to hide the bottom search bar? It's ridiculously large and completely blocks the map in the latest update. I don't know how this got the ok...
Same thoughts. Using it without entering destination is also plausible use-case, seeing warnings, reporting potholes etc. This is all shadowd with annoying elements hiding map, especially in landscape mode.
reikarAudi
Send a message

Post by raitchison818
raitchison818 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:46 pm
raitchison818 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:49 pm I've got a problem with Waze on Android Auto showing a blank screen.

It started a couple days ago after I updated the app, previously everything worked fine.

Noticed that there was another update yesterday, I updated  again (to 4.84.0.2) but that did not fix the problem.

Other AA apps, including Google Maps, continue to work with no issues.

Waze still works fine on the phone screen, when not connected to Android Auto of course.

Noticed on the Waze subreddit that someone else has the exact same problem.  Seems to be the common denominator is that we're both running Android 8.0 on our devices.  Mine is LG theirs is Samsung.

As an update on this issue, after it became apparent that this issue wasn't going to be fixed (or even acknowledged) anytime soon I decided to revert (via uninstall and side load) to 4.82.0.2 and this restored Waze functionality on Android Auto once more.

Want to provide what is likely a final update on this issue.

A week or so after I discovered that I could restore Waze functionality on AA by reverting to an earlier version of Waze I updated my Android Auto app and that broke Waze functionality once again.

I decided to experiment by updating the Waze app again but even with an up to date Waze app and an up to date Android Auto app Waze simply won't display on Android Auto on my phone.

So I decided to revert both AA and Waze apps to the versions that worked previously, that would be Waze version 4.82.0.2 and Android Auto version 7.4.620964 and that did indeed restore Waze on AA. 

All was well until today, I plugged my phone into my car and AA refused to start, it wants me to update my AA version, which I know will break Waze on AA functionality.

So it looks like this is the end of the line for Waze on AA for me for the time being.

Obviously the long term solution for this is to get a new phone with a newer version of Android on it,  My current phone is only 3 years old but has been abandoned by it's manufacturer (LG) who has exited the smartphone market entirely.  The biggest problem with getting a new phone is there is a particular app I use multiple times per day that has also been abandoned by it's developer and the last available release (from 2016) will not function on Android 10 or above.  That app is simply more important to me than Waze so I will be giving up Waze functionality on AA for now.

In any case, since it seems apparent that Waze has no interest in fixing this issue, which I guess is understandable considering how few Android 8 users there must still be out there,  I'm posting this mostly for the benefit of anyone else who has a similar problem and looking for answers, even if I can't offer a solution or workaround.

raitchison818
Send a message

Post by raitchison818
raitchison818 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:49 pm I've got a problem with Waze on Android Auto showing a blank screen.

It started a couple days ago after I updated the app, previously everything worked fine.

Noticed that there was another update yesterday, I updated  again (to 4.84.0.2) but that did not fix the problem.

Other AA apps, including Google Maps, continue to work with no issues.

Waze still works fine on the phone screen, when not connected to Android Auto of course.

Noticed on the Waze subreddit that someone else has the exact same problem.  Seems to be the common denominator is that we're both running Android 8.0 on our devices.  Mine is LG theirs is Samsung.

As an update on this issue, after it became apparent that this issue wasn't going to be fixed (or even acknowledged) anytime soon I decided to revert (via uninstall and side load) to 4.82.0.2 and this restored Waze functionality on Android Auto once more.

raitchison818
Send a message