New Editor version 2.117

Post by Nataliia_Staff
Hi Pirates,

We've released a new WME prod, v2.117. 🚀

We look forward to hearing your feedback! :geek:

This version includes new infrastructure changes. We have already checked with the scripts writers about its impact and made necessary adjustments that were requested. For reference, we discussed this topic in this thread (only available for script writers).

Script writers: please refer to the mentioned thread if you are experiencing issues. Please let us know if you notice any issues with scripts or related to them.

Below you can find a summary of the release.

Known issue:

- For Speed cameras, dummy and red light cameras with auto lock the lock level changes to the state Auto (N), where N is the editor’s level.

Community Suggestions:

- We've released 2 community suggestions related to left panel alerts. We've both condensed the alerts into one alert and added the option to dismiss alerts. You'll also find in your settings the ability to control the alert's display, and for how long you wish to dismiss them.

- Community suggestion: thanks ojlaw for sending it and everyone for upvoting it!

Bug fixes:

We've released 6 bug fixes:

1. Issue with editing Keyboard shortcuts using the keyboard for  remaining combinations.  
2. Key codes added “*”, “/” and “.” and we ask you to recheck them on your side with different keyboards.
3. Header: menu is not always shown while hovering.
4. Driver list selected state not working.
5. Merge popup:  at least one checkbox should be kept as selected for Name and Categories. 
6.  Bug: Checkbox for "include layers settings": different behavior for beta and prod.
      - The Checkbox for “include layers settings” now remains unchecked after the page reload.

You can read more here.

Nataliia_Staff
Waze Team
Waze Team
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:17884482

Send a message

Post by jm6087
G_W1Z wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:27 pm When a WME bug or feature request is shared on uservoice, how do the developers decide if/when to patch the bug or implement the new feature? Does the uservoice post have to meet a certain vote count?

Feature requests do have to receive a certain amount of votes (qty unknown) to be considered. 

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by Larryhayes7
Also the edit count monitor is down. Odd it is not working in Chrome but it is in FireFox and all scripts disabled except for edit count

Larryhayes7
Send a message
Last edited by Larryhayes7 on Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by linguasaltitante
TheMet4lGod wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:38 pm Satellite Imagery doesn't work for me anymore on Chrome version 107.0.5304.107. I just get the dark grey background with the roads and places dotting the area. I've cleared cookies and disabled all user scripts and it doesn't resolve the issue. It does work, however, in another browser like Edge version 107.0.1418.42.

I had the same problem on Edge with this WME version.

The solution was to add "waze.com" to "Bitdefender Anti-tracker" add-on that I have installed.

Don't know if you have Bitdefender or any other similar solution and/or add-ons. If you have, try to disable one by one to see which one may be causing the issue.

nataliiaPi maybe this is something to be checked by the team ...
linguasaltitante
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by linguasaltitante
Sapozhnik wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:20 am Regular users ask when will translated strings? Some of them are showed for a long period.

Some of them aren't yet available on Transifex for us, editors of the localization teams, to localize them  :(

This is something that should be taken care of before going into production, but the fact is that some strings (mainly from new features) aren't added to Transifex before going to production. This is something that needs to be care in advance while in beta ... and for that, Waze Staff (also) needs to do their work  ;)

linguasaltitante
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by Nataliia_Staff
abc1357 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:42 pm In this Waze suggestion box "Elevation drop down opened on Ground level", someone from Waze posted that it is now available.  

Hi Abc1357,

Thank you for the question. I am checking this with the team.  

Regards,
Nataliia

Nataliia_Staff
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by Nataliia_Staff
TheMet4lGod wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:38 pm Satellite Imagery doesn't work for me anymore on Chrome version 107.0.5304.107. I just get the dark grey background with the roads and places dotting the area. I've cleared cookies and disabled all user scripts and it doesn't resolve the issue. It does work, however, in another browser like Edge version 107.0.1418.42.

Hi TheMet4lGod,

Could you please send screenshots or video? 

Thank you in advance,
Nataliia

Nataliia_Staff
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by Nataliia_Staff
Hi TheMet4lGod,

Thank you for the screenshot. May I ask you to clean your cache and try to open the link again? I have faced similar problems today in the morning which disappeared after reloading my web browser and cleaning the history. 

Regards,
Nataliia 

Nataliia_Staff
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
nataliiaPi wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:50 pm This version includes new infrastructure changes. We have already checked with the scripts writers about its impact and made necessary adjustments that were requested. For reference, we discussed this topic in this thread (only available for script writers).

Thanks for checking with the script writers before the release. Hopefully they can get the affected scripts running soon. 

I will note that Firefox with Violent monkey script manager is not loading any scripts. I'm not sure if each individual script will need adjustments or if it's a bigger issue than that.
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message