These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

redlight and railroad warning pop ups stay on my screen after I pass them

Post by 748424ef42c34e1aafd6736e255c92c3
I am using waze on a samsung S9+ through wireless andriod auto. This problem started about a week ago. I get the warning that I am coming up to a redlight camera or railroad crossing with no problem. After I pass the redlight or train tracks the warning box does not go away. It just stays on my screen. To get it off I have to report a problem and it disappears. I've gotten a reply from a waze moderator and they said to clear the cache and restart the program. I followed their instructions and this morning I'm still have the same issue. I even uninstalled Waze and reinstalled it and that didn't work either. Any help or insight from this community would be most appreciated. TY
748424ef42c34e1aafd6736e255c92c3

POSTER_ID:18088219

Send a message

Post by CZFan
Swipe from right to left removes the graphic.  Using wireless AA on Kenwood deck, Samsung S21 Ultra.  I've installed the latest updates and issue persists.

CZFan
Send a message

Post by FreddieTheFlyy
Same issue here. Just started happening about a week ago. Warnings will not leave screen and no new warnings will show up. Using Waze on Android auto with AA Wireless auto and on a Samsung S21 Ultra. I did all the steps that 748424ef42c34e1aafd6736e255c92c3 mentioned and did not work. Hoping for a fix.

FreddieTheFlyy
Send a message

jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
SLoeffler79 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:41 pm Similar issue here, speed trap warnings are sticky after passing. Quite annoying, no new warnings are shown afterwards.
AA (cable connected) & Pixel 4 and samsung galaxy s20 fe.
No swiping possible just the "report problem" is solving the issue.

Where was this reported already? This is occuring only since ~2-3 weeks, so probably one of the last updates?

This was reported in CenterCode as Bug 12248

jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
FreddieTheFlyy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:56 pm Same issue here. Just started happening about a week ago. Warnings will not leave screen and no new warnings will show up. Using Waze on Android auto with AA Wireless auto and on a Samsung S21 Ultra. I did all the steps that 748424ef42c34e1aafd6736e255c92c3 mentioned and did not work. Hoping for a fix.

You can still swipe the alert from the screen.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by SL_ow
Similar issue here, speed trap warnings are sticky after passing. Quite annoying, no new warnings are shown afterwards.
AA (cable connected) & Pixel 4 and samsung galaxy s20 fe.
No swiping possible just the "report problem" is solving the issue.

Where was this reported already? This is occuring only since ~2-3 weeks, so probably one of the last updates?
SL_ow
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
Here's something else to try...swipe the alert from right to left.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)