Answers to the 2022 DACH Meetup

Post by adriansinger
Hi dear friends in DACH,

I'm glad to bring you answers to some of the questions asked during your meetup last may  (yay!)

I'm aware that some are still missing and you can rest assure that I'm working to answer to those as well. But in the meantime, I wanted to bring you what we do know and can share.

Please feel free to leave your re-questions in the comments. Thanks!

---
Routing 

Q: Future planned closures are not being taken into account for routing in long routes
A: For XL distances we generally use a “lighter” algorithm to find good routes. The 1st ~30 minutes of the drive we will now use our regular algorithm in order to 'improve' the start of the drive. You can read more about this in our RBS forum.

AA

Q: when will AA will be available in Luxemburg
A: We can only control Waze availability in a country/platform. Google is the owner and developer of AA so only Google knows when there will be AA in Luxembourg. If possible, please ask Google directly.

App store

Q: Can you allow the community to comment on users' negative comments in the app store? (I wanted to ask about the answer list of our questions from the Bern Meetup. 
I'm particularly concerned about the Google Play ratings. Especially now in the last few days, many negative reviews have been written again, which can be fixed by a short answer and thus win back the users. Only in this way could we increase our Wazer-density a bit and contact our local users)
A: This is a very interesting proposal that we’ll evaluate seriously. If a positive decision is made, of course we’ll let you know.

WME/ New features 

Q: Can you provide basic guidelines for complex new released features? It will save time and energy for the communities who can then make their local adjustments
A: We want to save you time and energy and this is a really good idea! I’m not sure how and when we’ll be able to implement it but we’ll certainly propose it to the relevant stakeholders in the company and get back to you in case there’s news.

Gas prices feed

Q: When will Waze be able to support gas prices in Germany? 
A: I don’t have an answer to this, unfortunately. What I can say is that one of my goals as Germany’s new community manager is to try to find a way to support gas prices in the country. I’m not sure I’ll succeed but I can promise I’ll do my best and eventually I’ll need your help. Please stay tuned!

Alerts
Q: Duration of alerts in Germany for police on the road
A: We owe you an answer here.

Crisis

Q: WW2 bombs
A: I’ll check what we can do in this matter and get back to you in case we have updates. Thanks!

Meetup Q&A sheet (answered during the meetup)

adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:74536

Send a message
Adrián Singer
Emeritus Community Manager

Post by adriansinger
Andy_Na wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:55 pm Hey Adrian
I wondered what DACH-Meetup was in 2021.
Bern was on May, 21th 2022 ;)

Regards Andy

Hi Andy,

I confused 21st. with 2021, sorry for that and thanks for bringing this to my attention!

This is fixed now.

Thanks,
Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Emeritus Community Manager

Post by Andy_Na
Hey Adrian
I wondered what DACH-Meetup was in 2021.
Bern was on May, 21th 2022 ;)

Regards Andy

Andy_Na
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Bundeslandmanager/State Manager Berlin/Brandenburg
Area Manager Region Remstal, Filstal, A8 (Alb/Fildern)

https://www.ib-ziessow.de/images/waze/rip_tsd66.png