Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ojlaw
Twister-UK wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:37 am Unfortunately I can't replicate the problem when running FUME here with a copy of your config.  The console captures also don't suggest anything is wrong with FUME itself - the errors associated to it are the usual ones caused by recreating the zoom bar.  However, the various errors being thrown by WME itself are unusual, as I'm not seeing any such behaviour here - this makes me wonder if these native errors and the missing HN edit buttons are related...

Please can you repeat your test and see if those errors are still present.  If so, please then disable FUME, reload WME and repeat your test, and see if they're present then.

Then re-enable FUME and reload WME, untick all FUME options, and see if HN editing is possible.  If it is, please then start re-enabling options and testing HN editing until it stops working.  Make a note of the FUME options at this point, then untick all *except* the most recently re-enabled, and see if HN editing works again.  If so, let me know which option is the problem, otherwise let me know which options were set when it failed earlier.

Running WME on a Mac potentially complicates things here, as I don't have access to any Mac hardware so can't do any testing in that environment - if the problem turns out to be Mac-specific then fixing it may not be quick or easy...

The offender is...
Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 6.16.28 PM.png
(10.36 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
 Every time I enable that the  top bar goes blank in HN mode. If I disable that option I have to refresh the tab to get the buttons to appear again in HN mode.

So at least I know how I can make FUME work again. Not sure if that helps you narrow things down for issues with that option.

Thanks for your help! Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
With that option disabled, do you see any of the console errors thrown by editor-assets.waze.com, or indeed *anything* else that looks like it might be a native part of WME?  
Here is what the console shows with that disabled.
Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 8.07.57 AM.png
(450.68 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Also, are you using Safari or another browser here?  If it's Safari, would you be able to try something else to see if the problem still exists there? 
 I'm using Chrome. I did notice this morning that the option is working in Beta WME, which adds to the confusion for me.
Also also, although you've been testing with no other WME addons enabled, do you have any other generic addons available which might still be interacting with WME in some way - e.g. adblockers etc - and if so does the problem still exist if literally the *only* thing running alongside WME is FUME?
No, this happens when Tampermonkey is the only extension loaded. I only use Chrome for Waze stuff so I haven't the need for adblockers and such.

I did see these errors when I toggle the tick box for that option on and off.
Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 8.14.24 AM.png
(273.11 KiB) Downloaded 189 times

ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
Twister-UK wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:08 am Please can you open WME, right click on the save button and select the "Inspect" option from the popup menu.  The dev console window should now open with the Elements tab selected and centred on the page element defining the save button.  Screengrab that section of the tab - I need at least the line containing the save button element itself, plus 5-10 lines above it - and post it here so I can see what the page elements structure looks like in your browser. 

The error message which is being thrown suggests the element FUME needs for this option isn't present, though it's not clear from the error whether it's not present *at all*, or just not present at the specific moment when FUME tries to use it, so the elements screengrab should help answer that question...

Here is a screenshot with the Move user/notification buttons disabled, not sure if that matters.
Thanks!
Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 9.07.25 AM.png
(351.52 KiB) Downloaded 110 times

ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
A timing thing makes sense to me, although I know nothing about writing scripts. In the last month or so I've noticed a lot of scripts 'sometimes' not loading all the features or not behaving quite right and other times working fine. Generally it's not consistent enough for me to mention anything to the author. This is one thing that always is happening. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. That option is nice but is an option I can easily live without. I won't be offended if it's too much of a headache to deal with.  :D

ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
Twister-UK wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:23 pm
SunDevil2213 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:06 pm I too am having the exact same problem as ojlaw - entering HN mode makes Waze wonky. With FUME disabled, I can enter HN mode no problem. Also using Chrome on a Macbook. The workaround of disabling the "Move user info/notification buttons" worked for me. That was a "nice to have" option, but not essential. Just wanted to add in here that ojlaw isn't the only one having this issue.

Even after updating to 1.56? If so, does it make any difference whether you use the keyboard shortcut or the side panel button to enter HN editing mode?

For me it seems to be better with 1.56. I haven't really been on WME much during the holidays so I only did a quick check. With the Move user info checked, entering and exiting HN mode with  keyboard shortcuts worked. The user info buttons do go back to the right side though. Here is a quick vid. This is with other scripts running. I can send more details next week when I have more time.

well, forum is giving me attitude uploading the video. so no video.

ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
So the user info/notification buttons do behave as you suggest if I don't use keyboard shortcuts. Using the 'esc' key to exit HN mode instead of the 'Exit house numbers mode" button causes the user info/notification buttons to stay on the right side after exiting HN mode. 
ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ojlaw
Twister-UK wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:29 am 1.61.257 changes:
  •  Adds a checkbox in the "User Preferences" section of the UR panel to control whether passes are shown or hidden

I'm probably being really dense here, where is the checkbox? I'm running 1.61.257. Maybe another script is moving it, I can dig more tomorrow if needed.
Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 7.43.49 PM.png
(44.7 KiB) Downloaded 89 times
 Edit-
With only FUME and TB i see this

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 7.48.30 PM.png
(39.03 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

ojlaw
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message