Understand my driving speed.

Post by Bus2011
Good day everybody,

can I use Waze to track when and where I drove how many km/h?

I wanted to reproduce this for 12/12/2022, for a stretch of road.

Guten Tag zusammen, 

kann ich über Waze nachvollziehen, wann ich wo wie viel km/h gefahren bin?

Ich wollte das für den 12.12.2022 nachvollziehen, für einen Straßenabschnitt. 
Bus2011

POSTER_ID:18096175

Send a message

Post by hoyahik
Yes, you can use Waze to track your driving speed and location history. However, it's important to note that Waze primarily focuses on providing real-time navigation and traffic updates rather than comprehensive historical data tracking.To track your driving speed and location history for a specific date, such as December 12, 2022, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open the Waze app on your smartphone.
  2. Navigate to the menu, usually located in the bottom-left corner or accessed by tapping your profile icon.
  3. Look for the "My Waze" or "History" section within the menu. This is where you can access your driving history.
  4. Within the history section, you may find a list of your recent drives or trips. Scroll through the list to find the date you're interested in, in this case, December 12, 2022.
  5. Tap on the specific trip or drive from December 12, 2022, to view more details. Waze may provide information such as your average speed, route taken, and any reported incidents or delays encountered during the drive.
  6. Please note that while Waze may provide some information about your speed and location history, it may not offer detailed data such as the exact speed at every point along your route.
Remember, the accuracy and availability of historical data may vary depending on your device settings, Waze app version, and whether you had location services enabled during the time of the drive. Additionally, Waze's primary function is navigation, so it may not be as robust for detailed historical tracking compared to dedicated GPS tracking or logging devices.
hoyahik
Send a message

Post by jm6087
hoyahik wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:08 pm Yes, you can use Waze to track your driving speed and location history. However, it's important to note that Waze primarily focuses on providing real-time navigation and traffic updates rather than comprehensive historical data tracking.To track your driving speed and location history for a specific date, such as December 12, 2022, you can follow these steps:
  2. Navigate to the menu, usually located in the bottom-left corner or accessed by tapping your profile icon.
  3. Look for the "My Waze" or "History" section within the menu. This is where you can access your driving history.
  4. Within the history section, you may find a list of your recent drives or trips. Scroll through the list to find the date you're interested in, in this case, December 12, 2022.
  5. Tap on the specific trip or drive from December 12, 2022, to view more details. Waze may provide information such as your average speed, route taken, and any reported incidents or delays encountered during the drive.
  6. Please note that while Waze may provide some information about your speed and location history, it may not offer detailed data such as the exact speed at every point along your route.
Remember, the accuracy and availability of historical data may vary depending on your device settings, Waze app version, and whether you had location services enabled during the time of the drive. Additionally, Waze's primary function is navigation, so it may not be as robust for detailed historical tracking compared to dedicated GPS tracking or logging devices.

I agree with turbomkt, where did you find this incorrect information?  Did you check to see if these steps actually work before posting.   I just checked in my app and don't see a "My Waze" or "History" section in the menu.

As far as I know, the only place that the actual drive history is available is in the Drives tab on the Waze Map Editor.  It will only show the route you drove but does not show average speed.  It also only keeps about a 90 day history, so you can't go view a drive from 2022 at all.

If you are going to use something like ChatGTP or another AI to supply your answer, you should confirm the information before providing it as an actual answer.  At a minimum, you should at least say where you got the information so that others will know that you are not replying as an actual experienced user.  Like "According to ChatGTP" or "ChatGTP states" and "Information not verified"

jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by kstor_80
Hello,

If you log into the Waze Map Editor (WME) (http://www.waze/com/editor) using your Waze credentials, and if that day you drove with Waze with an active itinerary, you may be able to find your drive under the "Drives" menu on the top left side of the editor. But it will only tell you when you started the drive, how long it took and the distance, and show you the GPS tracking of it on the map, but not the speed.
kstor_80
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
hoyahik wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:08 pm Yes, you can use Waze to track your driving speed and location history. However, it's important to note that Waze primarily focuses on providing real-time navigation and traffic updates rather than comprehensive historical data tracking.To track your driving speed and location history for a specific date, such as December 12, 2022, you can follow these steps:

@hoyahik, I'm not sure where you are getting this information, but Waze does not provide any speed information as part of drive history.  Are you getting this from Waze Help? Did you ask an AI (Genesis, ChatGPT, etc)? 

turbomkt  
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by worldsam1
While Waze is an excellent navigation app renowned for its real-time traffic updates and route suggestions, it does not provide features for tracking your driving speed history along specific routes. Waze primarily focuses on helping users navigate efficiently to their destinations by providing information on traffic conditions, accidents, and optimal routes. For tracking your driving speed and distance traveled, you might want to consider using a dedicated GPS tracker or a driving log app that offers such functionality. These apps typically record your route, speed, and distance covered, allowing you to review your driving habits and mileage over time.

worldsam1
Send a message