[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.4.2 Oc

Postby Timbones » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Did you enable the advanced option [ ] Turn Warnings for Selected Nodes?
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Timbones wrote:Can you post a permalink that shows this problem?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... s=62317879

I wonder what I have installed or in use which is "blocking" this?
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby zombie16 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:21 pm

I think you are having the same problem I had. try checking the box for 'Turn Warnings for Selected Nodes'. Once I did that the segments highlighted correctly.
zombie16

Postby Timbones » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:18 pm

I'm running the exact same version of Chrome, also on Windows 7. Works okay for me.

Can you post a permalink that shows this problem?
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:09 pm

Timbones wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I saw a post earlier in thread about not seeing the segment/junction warning highlights. The properties toolbox says "x soft turns, y u-turns" etc., but the segments don't highlight.

This was fixed in v1.4.2. Do you have the latest?

I did. And I do. I removed what I had, cleared browsing data, exited Chrome, loaded it up, downloaded 1.4.2 fresh, renamed the file which showed it was downloaded today, loaded into Chrome, loaded WME and I still have the same issue:
nohighlights_for_alan.jpg
(34.45 KiB) Downloaded 878 times

There are no errors related to highlights in the console, though there is an error I've not seen before related to the "old" Other Users layer with a call blocked to marx.waze.com.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:22 am

TheDane wrote:+1 on the suggestion from skbun about making it possible to see all problems in an area using a colour coding for all segments that have issues.

This was how it worked in an earlier version but it showed an aweful lot of problems, most of which don't actually need fixing. I felt that showing all nodes with soft-turns would encourage editors to QW all of them, which adds little value to the map and increases the chance of turns being set incorrectly. Therefore, I took the decision to only show them for one node/segment at a time, for when a particular routing issue needs to be diagnosed.

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I saw a post earlier in thread about not seeing the segment/junction warning highlights. The properties toolbox says "x soft turns, y u-turns" etc., but the segments don't highlight.

This was fixed in v1.4.2. Do you have the latest?

skbun wrote:If I touch any given segment, and then click 'Save' in WME, any segment which I had changed comes up with a wacky speed result. It doesn't matter whether I have any node (or the node in question) highlighted when I do click save; this result persists until I reload the page.

This is a known bug in the WME code, for which I may include a fix for in future versions.
Workaround for now is to reload the editor, or ignore the crazy speeds.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby skbun » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:41 am

I'm seeing an interesting bug that seems pretty predictable to reproduce. It's in the 'Average speed for segment' section dealing with nodes, and it looks like this:

If I touch any given segment, and then click 'Save' in WME, any segment which I had changed comes up with a wacky speed result. It doesn't matter whether I have any node (or the node in question) highlighted when I do click save; this result persists until I reload the page.

Before saving:
Average speed for segment
A->B: 96km/h (59.7mph)
B->A: 114km/h (70.8mph)
Average speed for segment
A->B: 9684km/h (6017.4mph)
B->A: 11449km/h (7114.1mph)

I can return sanity to the 'average speed' by reloading the editor in my browser.

Whatever is going on here, it seems to be an issue that 'WME Extended Tools' shares, in its 'Segment list', when Fwd and Rev speed are shown as columns.

I also recognize that this could be a problem with the server backend giving an oddball result, which it to say that we can't do anything about it. Thought I'd mention it, anyway.
skbun

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:09 pm

I saw a post earlier in thread about not seeing the segment/junction warning highlights. The properties toolbox says "x soft turns, y u-turns" etc., but the segments don't highlight. The other manually-enabled highlights work fine. Win7 Chrome 22.0.1229.94. Only other extension enabled is Livemap navigation add-on. I've cleared cache. Same story. What am I missing?
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby youncs » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:41 pm

It was saving as user (4).

Note that if you save the file to windows desktop like I did, the file extension is hidden so if you rename it .js, you end up with an actual file name of .js.js

Thanks!
youncs

Postby CBenson » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:29 pm

My routine for updating the scripts in Chrome is to right click on the downloaded file and select show in folder and then to delete all the previous downloads with the same filename (or same filename(#)) from the folder. Then download again and install.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor