Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Icon for other lane reports

Post by BlazeTool
It would be nice if there was a visual cue that user report icons showing on the screen are for the other lane and can (likely) be ignored. Something as simple as dimming the other direction 25-50%, or changing the background color, or even using a different shape (circle instead of tear drop), would make it much easier to visually assess conditions ahead.
BlazeTool

POSTER_ID:8232315

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AndyPoms wrote:The reports in you direction of travel pulse with blue rings as you approach them...
Some people think that's not obvious enough. :roll:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I've never heard an alert without the rings and I'm pretty sure these are a really good indicator that it is in your lane. Waze only shows the blue rings while the alert is active so tapping not there or close will make the rings go away, and as has been mentioned as a nice feature to have, the app should have ability to have multiple active alerts.

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CBenson wrote:Okay, yesterday I passed 6 hazards/police where I was notified that I was approaching the hazard/police. Not one of them, nor any other hazard pin I passed, showed the blue rings. I rarely tap close and only tap not there after the alert is in its closing countdown after you pass the location.
There's no way to know if those were reported properly and failed to alert, or they were all set for the other direction of travel. I get hazard and police alerts every day.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
The reports in you direction of travel pulse with blue rings as you approach them...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by CBenson
AndyPoms wrote:The reports in you direction of travel pulse with blue rings as you approach them...
I've had maybe a dozen of the hundreds of alerts I've passed pulse with the blue rings in last month or so. Frequently I get the voice alert without the blue rings. I also can't remember having seen two alerts with the blue rings at the same time. I really don't think the blue rings are a reliable measure of whether the alert is for your lane or not at this point.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Okay, yesterday I passed 6 hazards/police where I was notified that I was approaching the hazard/police. Not one of them, nor any other hazard pin I passed, showed the blue rings. I rarely tap close and only tap not there after the alert is in its closing countdown after you pass the location.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:There's no way to know if those were reported properly and failed to alert, or they were all set for the other direction of travel. I get hazard and police alerts every day.
I mean that popup came up indicating a hazard in 1700 ft with the close and not there options; the popup ticks down to zero distance; at some point during the time the popup is ticking down, a hazard pin shows without the blue rings on the road ahead; when the arrow reaches the hazard pin, the popup reaches 0 and begins a timed countdown before closing. In other words, these appear to be reported properly and do alert, but there are no blue rings. Sometimes I get the blue rings, but not often.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message