Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by xd-data-ii
For the Ford people...

Sync 3 v3.0.19205 update is available (shell core update only).
Just install using the file below extracted to a usb drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UF0hz_ ... drive_open
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Fastbiker247 wrote:Good afternoon, not sure if this has been touched on but having used Waze for a while now and love the features, I have final bought a car with Apple Carplay. But when i come to report problems, i know have limited options on the ACp. Am i right in thinking that every time i come across a temp road closure or a speed limit has been changed, I either have to stop my vehicle, unplug the phone and report the problem to then plug it back in and then carry on my journey or am i missing something here?
Yes, if you want to send that level of detail report. CarPlay has limited report functionality
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
The latest 19205 sync 3 update is linked in post #512.
Should work on Lincoln too
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
Mvan231 wrote:
xd-data-ii wrote:The latest 19205 sync 3 update is linked in post #512.
Should work on Lincoln too
Where do you see the post number?
Oh. They are shown in tapatalk. Seems not on website view. This is #522
Anyway, link is posted for v19205 and will fix the ford sync waze speed issue. People should just see the discussion and install that.
Best to stop all this ford sync stuff and bring the thread back about Waze on CarPlay
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
UR = user report
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
^ iOS 13.1 due on Sept 24th will fix this
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
SirSquirrels wrote:While my phone is connected to my wife’s 2018 Ford Explore it is approximately 10 mph higher while my wife’s connected shows an accurate speed. While driving my primary vehicle with an aftermarket Pioneer head unit, my speed is detected accurately. What gives? Both my wife an I have updated all devices and still experiencing the issue.
The problem is an issue with Ford’s sync system - not a waze bug (it affects all CarPlay apps showing the speedometer). You’ll need to update your sync 3 to at least v3.0.19149 through ford owner site or download the files from elsewhere on the internet.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
PKCool088 wrote:I called Ford support regarding the issue of Waze mirrored on sync three not showing the correct current speed. The person I spoke to was oblivious. Very disappointed with Ford’s inability to address the problem.
They have addressed the problem. They released a sync 3 update many months ago that you can install that fixes the issue. Read/search through this thread and you will see lots of discussion about and about the solution.
Get the update from the ford owner site.
xd-data-ii
Send a message

Post by xd-data-ii
frustin wrote:
PKCool088 wrote:I called Ford support regarding the issue of Waze mirrored on sync three not showing the correct current speed. The person I spoke to was oblivious. Very disappointed with Ford’s inability to address the problem.
Not really ford's problem. CarPlay is just a method of sending data from your apple phone to their screen. It's what the app does with that data that causes the problem.
Incorrect. Sync 3 was sending inaccurate speed values to the Apple CarPlay api. Waze and other apps use that data for the speedometer features.
It was corrected with sync 3 v3.0.19149 and v3.4 for my18.5+ year fords.
xd-data-ii
Send a message