Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
How about a highlight option for whether a segment has alternate names (linked streets)?

And, since we can't seem them easily in the editor and likely won't have a mass way to see them later, a highlight if a shield type/name pair are assigned to a segment's primary street? Maybe a modification of that highlight if there is a shield assigned to the street id of an alternate name/linked street?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Timbones wrote:
Timbones wrote:I've put in a minor tweak to only show cities that are actually being used on streets: Beta v1.5.6
Might give unexpected results if zoomed out. Please provide feedback...
Anyone tried this yet? Any cities appearing in the list that shouldn't, or vica versa? Hoping to push this to a public release soon...
Crap, I missed this version. Installing...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Alcolo47
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Timbones wrote:- added Filter by City in Yellow
Very cool feature... Seems to be a little flaky when updating the city dropdown box... Loaded WME in one town, zoomed out, panned over to a different town, list never changed... Zoomed in almost all the way, list still didn't change... Refreshed page, got one town, although I was sitting on the border of two... Zoomed in on other town, got dropdown to refresh with 4 closest towns...
Timbones wrote:- always highlight newly paved roads
As is ALWAYS on? No way to turn it off?
Timbones wrote:- Filter by Editor will affect Recent Edits
On the previous version one could select an editor & see their recent edits as well as locks (depending if the lock roads box was checked)... Or was I seeing ALL their edits before and now there is the option to "hide" older ones?
Timbones wrote:- user levels now match number of cones in Beta
User levels? Can we highlight by editing rank now too?

P.S. This is a wonderful plugin & I use it constantly... I kinda snuck into your beta when someone posted a screenshot of it and I did a search for the name... Every change has been for the better... Keep up the good work... Thanks again.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
Question on Filter By City

Where do the city names come from? The city layer or the actual streets in the area?

I had a neighborhood name listed in the city field that I think we've gotten rid of, however that name still shows up on the city layer... I can't find any segments using the extended tools... The name did show up in the city drop-down in the highlighter tools, BUT no matter where I pan to, it always says =0 next to it (seemingly indication no segments found)...

Not getting a city layer update in months isn't helping matter either...

Here's a permalink to the area in question & the name of the neighborhood is "Blue Hills"... https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... TTTTTTTTFT
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
Timbones wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:Where do the city names come from? The city layer or the actual streets in the area?
It used to be only cities that appeared on streets, but I changed it to show all cities that Waze thinks are in the area. If there has been some renaming, then the old cities will stick around for a while. This is why I added the "= 0" counter to the side, so at least you can be sure that there are no segments in view.

Try version v1.1 if you want the old behaviour.
I wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy and there really weren't segments with the "Blue Hills" city property...

Maybe for v1.3 a radio button for "Streets Only" or "Include City Layer"

Love the plugin... It's now so much easier to cleanup the city layer - now only if we can get that layer to update...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by avalanchehawk
Something that would be nice, would be for us to be able to select the color of the highlights. i.e. some of the colors that are highlighted I can't see very well due to being color blind to certain colors. I manually hack the code, but I have to do that whenever the script is updated.
avalanchehawk
Send a message
avalanchehawk
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Area Manager: Houston

Post by bedo2991
Idea for a future version:
If it's possible, highlight in two different ways:
-All locked segments (as it's working now).
-All locked segments that the logged user cannot edit, if level of lock > corrent user).
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by bgodette
How about adding Private and Parking Lot highlighting?
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
iainhouse wrote:I think (and I'm definitely outside my comfort zone here :oops: ) that self-connectivity is what allows those unexpected u-turns you see during navigation. In other words you are driving up a segment and Waze tells you to come straight back down the segment at the next junction. I presume that the segment is "connected to itself" and will therefore route back at the end.

Reverse connectivity (purple highlight) I have only seen with one-way segments, where another segment joining the one-way segment at it's "outlet" shows a purple highlight on the one-way segment. I presume this means that, even though it's one way in one direction, Waze sees a valid routing going the other way.

Mind you it is nearly 3am here and I'm watching Sunday Night Football and doing some work stuff and I really should be sleeping! I'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about will come along and correct me. :)
You've got it all right. SelfCon is effectively allowing routing to perform a u-turn, there's a connection (turn) from and to the same segment. RevCon is a connection into the wrong way of a one-way street, these were created all the time back when WME was called Papyrus, and can still be created by starting with a two-way segment and allowing turns into it, then changing it to one-way.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message