[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.0

Postby crturboguy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:37 am

I've noticed a 'bug' in that when this is installed, the save and delete buttons no longer ungrey when they are able to be pressed.

--JOsh
crturboguy

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:41 am

crturboguy wrote:I've noticed a 'bug' in that when this is installed, the save and delete buttons no longer ungrey when they are able to be pressed.

What browser, version and OS are you on? This was never reported during testing.

On a related note, it appears that sometimes the buttons and search bar are disabled sometimes after initial login to the editor. Usually, a permalink click solves the issue. Could you verify whether clicking permalink does or does not make this problem go away?
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby crturboguy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:01 am

Chrome, Version 21.0.1180.89, on Mac OSX 10.6.8.

Yes, clicking on the permalink makes the buttons show back up, and then they behave properly.

--JOsh
crturboguy

Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.0

Postby kentsmith9 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:42 am

Alan,

I wonder if this is related to the script since we started seeing it sometime after the script was installed for both of us.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby linus71 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:41 am

Thank you so much Timbones :D

Your tools is fantastic!
Great ;)
linus71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks -

Postby Kuhlkatz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:00 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:Alan,

I wonder if this is related to the script since we started seeing it sometime after the script was installed for both of us.

It might actually be due to something in the WME code that is not available anymore when the script tries to reference it, like an incomplete layer or object that was unloaded.
I use a hacked (modified) version of the script that has one or two extra features in, and have not had the greyed buttons. I somehow would live with the buttons rather than miss what the script reveals.

What could help in identifying the possible issue is looking at the Chrome error log when you notice the buttons went flaky. It might give Tim an idea what to look for or where to look if it is the script.
It might be that he just needs to bulletproof a portion of the code to accommodate a flaky WME session.

Carel
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Alcolo47 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:12 am

Very cool!
AM: Montauban (82) ou pas
Acer liquid E2 - Android 4.2.2 Adrolum 3.5 - Latest official Waze

Alcolo47
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Laurentwb » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:05 am

Hello,

First of all, I would like to thank the author for this great script.

One of the feature that can be very useful is the possibility to highlight unterminated roads because it allows to highlight connection problems.
However, it is currently not fully operational as it not really the original purpose (which is to highlight unterminated roads olny).

A suggestion would be to have an additional option to highlight roads which are connected on one side only or on no side at all?
Would that be feasible ?

Thank you for feedback.

Laurent
Laurentwb
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Spil » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:53 am

Laurentwb wrote:One of the feature that can be very useful is the possibility to highlight unterminated roads because it allows to highlight connection problems.
However, it is currently not fully operational as it not really the original purpose (which is to highlight unterminated roads olny).

A suggestion would be to have an additional option to highlight roads which are connected on one side only or on no side at all?

If I'm reading you correctly, this is exactly what the "highlight unterminated roads" option does. If there is a road segment that is not connected to a junction at one or both of its ends, then it gets colored a lovely lime green by this function. :)

If you're talking about road segments that are connected to a junction that has no other road segments attached to it ... well, that's a different story. It probably could be done, but I'm not sure how valuable that would be as an editing guide (since it would flag all properly-represented dead-end streets as potential problems :o).
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
Spil

Postby Laurentwb » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:21 am

Spil wrote:If I'm reading you correctly, this is exactly what the "highlight unterminated roads" option does. If there is a road segment that is not connected to a junction at one or both of its ends, then it gets colored a lovely lime green by this function. :)

If you're talking about road segments that are connected to a junction that has no other road segments attached to it ... well, that's a different story. It probably could be done, but I'm not sure how valuable that would be as an editing guide (since it would flag all properly-represented dead-end streets as potential problems :o).

Thanks for the reply.

Here is a permalink pointing to a place where there are 4 roads with connection on only one side. Three are highlighted, one is not. https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lon=4.39773&lat=50.80443&layers=BFTFTTTFTTTTTTTFTTTTFT

I understand why these dead-end roads don't show up the same way. My point, as you say, is to really highlight roads with connection on only one side because it is a good tool to find where there are real connection issues rather than dead-end roads.

As you say, not sure it is feasible. But it would be so great ...

Laurent
Laurentwb
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor