Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by steveinark
Under your FILTERS section, what do you have clicked? For reference, I only click and select the HIDE CLOSED and HIDE BLACKLISTED. (and limit to 100).
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas
Steve (Eureka Springs, AR)

Post by steveinark
I don't think you want "Hide without comment from me" ... that would hide basically everything. Though time-consuming, I would check only black listed and closed. Hit CLEAR ALL. Then rerun your scan for the area of concern.

Then start working through them. If not seen on map, blacklist it, and move on and assume they are closed. You will need to re-scan every now and then, as you finish off each 100.

You shouldn't need to use CLEAR ALL again anytime soon.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)
South Central Region Multi-State Mgr (MSM): AR + Louisiana - Mississippi - Oklahoma - Texas

Post by steveinark
Reading over your problem again, not sure I understood your issue clear enough. jdelosa probably gave a better response. The areas I cover don't have even close to the volume of URs as you face. My more simplistic process wouldn't work there.

As for the older ones being listed, but not showing up, I don't know what could be done next, after clearing them all, and doing a new scan to re-populate the list.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)

Post by steveinark
FYI. The change to "0" appears to have brought back most, if not ALL, of the URs. At any given time, we have minimal URs in the works ... making it easier to determine if scripts problems are cleared. For us, I'm thinking that the fix is a good interim step till updated later.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)

Post by steveinark
D2, got to echo others. Your contributions to Waze with this script can not be overstated.

Though there are many invaluable scripts out there. This one is probably one of the most essential to editors, as they progressed from just personal editing, and move into full Waze community involvement and area manager/leadership positions. Not sure what we'd all have done without it. Thank you.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)

Post by steveinark
Big improvement in the handling, clearing, etc. of PURs. Really sped up the process. Thanks for the changes and updates. This essential tool got much better when PURs were added.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)

Post by steveinark
Joe, not sure if this will work as you want, but it may suffice till your issue is resolved with custom areas.

In the TAB for selecting areas and adding custom areas, use the dropdown menu and go to United States - Texas. Add that as a new scan choice. Those work correctly. (ie., I have added all separate states within SCR here. So I can clear and scan any state individually.)

Then go in and using "Filters", select "Hide out of my managed area". See if that does what you need, for the time being. Not sure of the results, but worth a try.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)

Post by steveinark
jm6087 wrote:
steveinark wrote:In the TAB for selecting areas and adding custom areas, use the dropdown menu and go to United States - Texas. Add that as a new scan choice. Those work correctly. (ie., I have added all separate states within SCR here. So I can clear and scan any state individually.)
I am not sure since it has been a while since I have used UR-MP, but I think the setting for individual states is locked to SM+
Ahhh .... good possibility. Thanks.
steveinark
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Arkansas State Mgr (SM)

Post by SteveSnail
A request - would it be possible to include new places and place update requests? Or can you recommend a script that already does this? Thank you :-)
SteveSnail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by SteveSnail
Trexer0 wrote:I'm noticing a significant performance slowdown of WME with this extension enabled recently. I don't have auto-scan enabled. Any others encountering issues?
I'm having issues scanning for PURs, seems to hang the scan at around 50% and then for some reason I can't access any waze webpage (WME, forums, editor profiles etc), page just sits their waiting to load.

Scanning for URs, MPs, MCs etc is all fine
SteveSnail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message