Post by turbomkt
At this point I think it's more important to understand how to map them, effects, etc. I think region coordinators are still figuring out when to map them. That aspect of guidance, if I'm not mistaken, usually starts at the Champ level.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
Kartografer wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:23 pm
The guidance for far lanes comes from sketch, which he proposed to the champs a month or two ago and posted in Discord #wazeopedia_usa. Apparently there were no objections.

Thanks for pointing this part out since I missed it the first time around.  I found the conversation in the Champs channel.  Because of how it was worded, I didn't see it as champs formalizing guidance so much as identifying use cases.  There was literally no request for consensus on any or all of it, and that's not on you.  That's on us as champs.

Going to your draft, I do think far lanes 1 with JB needs to be included since it's not included elsewhere and the two are mutually exclusive but functionally the same(ish).  I also wonder if Paths is the right title for the article since the function changes depending on segment length.

turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
I know this is technically correct "Need not fit within a 0.001° by 0.001° bounding box." I suggest clarification of 1km maximum. Not everyone understands those degrees are different than the angle between to segments.

turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike