Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Gas price updates from 3rd Party are very wrong

Post by kentsmith9
Maybe I missed some threads on the incoming 3rd party updates on gas stations, but two stations in the last two days have shown in the client app the price for only one or two fuel types with the rest as N/A. In one case the actual price listed at the station was correct on the two prices provided. The other case was at least $0.05 per gallon different on the few they provided.
Wrong_Gas_Price_3rd_Party.PNG
(80.52 KiB) Downloaded 1781 times
I can see if the 3rd Party only had new data for two of the prices then they should leave the other two alone, but to say N/A indicates it is Not Available and that is somewhat useless.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:7009939

Send a message

Post by eshabtai
In order to avoid misleading users, the system will turn any grade to N/A if it was not updated/verified in three days. This is obviously wrong as N/A should be used to mark that a grade is missing and we need to find some other way to mark a price as not up to date.
We will push a fix in the client but this will probably miss the coming version.

Ehud
eshabtai
Send a message

Post by FreeMan12
The Marathon at the corner of SR 26 & US 31 in Kokomo, IN had only regular listed yesterday evening. I know they carry all three grades, and I believe diesel, too. https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 3,16483962 I note there's no address for this station, either, though I've seen them in others screen caps. Actually, I don't recall seeing addresses for any of the stations I've updated here in Central Indiana.

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k331 ... 051712.png
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana

Post by GFisher863
I'm seeing the same thing in NJ. I'll update prices then the next day, 3rd party updates them and N/A's the mid and premium prices. Is 3rd party a bot experiment gone bad?
GFisher863
Send a message

Post by gianekaren
it happen also in my place (luzerne county PA)... a lot of gas station have really wrong prices. Updated By third party today but updated wrong..
as soon as i go out from the office i''t try to get a screenshot.. if that can help
gianekaren
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I've seen the same thing. It'll say that the gas prices were updated by 3rd party X days ago. And the price on Waze is higher than it is at the station. This is impossible because for the past month, prices have been steadily climbing and the particular station I check frequently hasn't lowered their price even a penny since the price increases started.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Naturally, the station I saw problems with this morning had correct prices. It didn't show who last updated them though.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Now that I'm keeping an eye on it, I'm not seeing any problems. In going to keep the station closest to my house updated and see if any incorrext 3rd party prices come in.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I had completely wrong data at one station 2 days ago with one NA, and yesterday one price was accurate with the other 2 wrong, but that might have been just out of date. At least yesterday there were no NA when they had that fuel.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message