The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Add Speed and Red Light Camera?

Post by
Is there a way to add a red light of speed camera to the map in editing mode? Or can you only do so by marking it on my mobile app?

POSTER_ID:6603271

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
TheRookie wrote:I've marked it on the map on 3 different occasions.. So why isn't it marked on the map by now???
What process did you follow (start to finish), and when did you do it?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Read the Cameras page in the Waze wiki to start.

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Taco909 wrote:Most of these are not even from editors, and have no idea what happens after they hit "report"
If I'm not mistaken, the usa_xxxxx users are the default assigned to Facebook imports.
That may be the case, I cannot remember, but it is likely. usa_, world_ and il_ accounts are also created if you use Waze without logging in at all.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dude463 wrote:Personally I think that knowing where school zones are (and if available the times that those restricted speed limits are imposed) would be of more help than red light cameras.
Actually, what tends to delay us more is school bus routes. The change in speed in front of an actual school usually increases travel time by 10-15 seconds, but getting stuck behind a bus...that can add minutes.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Andonon
DallasGrant wrote:
rotus8 wrote:I personally think the warning system for these cameras are annoying as it will warn you every time you pass by the road and reporting that it is not there will not stop the warning until the next update (3-8 weeks on average).
You are correct. It does take a few weeks. The trick here is, update the road segment somehow that the camera is on. Maybe you cannot change anything because it's all correct, Edit the Road segment and then change your setting back and save. This will trigger Waze to hit the segment and remove the camera in a day or two.
Andonon
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
Responded to post in Illinois forum addressing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by CBenson
rotus8 wrote:
DallasGrant wrote:I personally think the warning system for these cameras are annoying as it will warn you every time you pass by the road and reporting that it is not there will not stop the warning until the next update (3-8 weeks on average).
I don't think reporting "not there" does anything at all...
It seems reporting "not there" might do something, but not something as useful as causing the camera to not be on the map.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
RoadKingClassic wrote:These vehicles are often parked in front of schools and operate 24/7, not just during school hours.
Are you sure?
Md. TRANSPORTATION Code Ann. § 21-809(b)(1)(viii) wrote:A speed monitoring system in a school zone may operate only Monday through Friday between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Do you have the camera layer on?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
So do you see the cameras you added and cannot approve them or do you not seem them on the edit map at all?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message