The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by maiapas
ldriveskier wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:36 am Can we get another cleanup of old Blocked Road URs? Also, can you do it by country (if other countries don't agree)? Should we contact our SCM for this?

When the Issue Tracker was first tested in Beta WME, all URs before May 29, 2022 were removed. However, that was quite a while ago and now we have fairly old URs that just showed up in Production WME. In the US, we'd like to get all Blocked Road URs over 30 days old removed since they are very unlikely to be relevant and provide a bad user experience to get a reply from an editor many months after reporting a closed road. It is also very unlikely that the road would still be closed by this time.

Thank you

Hi ldriveskier!

thanks for bringing this up.

I will request to remove all blocked road URs older than 30 days for all environments.

Please note this might take some time.

Best,
Maia

maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by maiapas
gareth71 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:45 am
maiapas wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:32 am
gareth71 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:30 am Is there a way to set area filters to my managed area *plus* other driven but non-managed areas simultaneously? Or do I need to manually flip between the two and then refresh the list?

At the moment the area filters work as OR, and currently driving areas are not available as part of the filter.

That said, we are planning on adding driving areas to the areas filter, but it will behave as OR and not AND.

All the best,
Maia

That's a shame. However, the lack of AND functionality would be partly mitigated by an option to leave UR icons visible on the map regardless of the filter settings for the tracker list. I may wish to filter the tracker to my managed area, but still see icons on the map to pick up any URs in driven but non-managed locations which I'm able to deal with.

I see you added the request in the spreadsheet, thank you for that! I'll share this with the team, this also came up during beta testing (filter issues in issue tracker but not on map)
maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by maiapas
MrSoapsud wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:51 am I might be missing some subtlety in the controls but it would be good to have the option of seeing closed URs on the map to see whether there have been other reports near one you're dealing with, but there's no need to have them in the Issues list as well. I only want open requests in the Issues list...
Thanks
Martin

Hi Martin!

Thank you for your feedback.

Other editors brought up the ability to filter in the Issue Tracker but see all issues on the map- I believe this could solve what you are mentioning.

If you believe this is an important feature request to add, it would be great if you could add your username to row 8 here.

Thanks again for your feedback!
maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by maiapas
locojd1 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:33 am the left panel is great and the new issue tracker is also amazing, but right now when you click on a URs the left panel changes right away to the issue tracker where the URs are, instead of staying on the comments panel from URC-E which is important for when your closing multiple URs, because clicking on the UR abd then having to go back to the left panel and change it to the comments every time you touch a UR is a very big time consuming specially when you are closing lots of URs. or replying to them.
the left panel should not change automatically that would be very helpful. Thanks 🙏

Thank you Juan!

Indeed, this has been noted in row 5 in the spreadsheet.

We will fix it :), thanks for bringing it up!
maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by maiapas
mhh60 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:29 am Regarding the old Blocked Road URs, I would strongly suggest at least looking at them before they are deleted. I just found a road that has been permanently closed, a new replacement road, and a new non-yet-mapped residential development as a result of one of those reports.

Thanks mhh60!

I just wanted to let you know that we have asked the team to remove closed/blocked road reports older than one month.

Reporters will not be notified.

Best,
Maia

maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by maiapas
nimper2000 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:14 pm
mhh60 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:29 am Regarding the old Blocked Road URs, I would strongly suggest at least looking at them before they are deleted. I just found a road that has been permanently closed, a new replacement road, and a new non-yet-mapped residential development as a result of one of those reports.

Good point! Imagine all the other map issues that could have been discovered sooner if these blocked road URs were surfaced from the beginning!

That said, the vast majority will not be so obvious and it just wastes time responding to months-old URs that the driver can't remember.

We will be removing all closed/blocked road issues older than one month, with the exception of those that have comments (either from the reporter or from you). We checked our database and saw some of these issues with comments so we want to leave them in the map just in case they contain valuable data for you.

Best,
Maia

maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by maiapas
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to update you that we have removed all URs from type blocked road that were older than one month and have no comments newer than 1 month.

Thank you for raising this!

maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by maiapas
lg1992 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:40 am Is it possible to store filter settings of the tracker as a part of URL?

Hi lg1992!

We considered it, but that would mean changing all the filters of the receiver, which would also modify the list of issues.

Also, even if the sender would want to send a list of issues, there are some filters like "yesterday" that if opened later, would show different results than what the sender intended to send at the time.

We took different scenarios in consideration and decided that when sharing a URL, only the issue itself would be shared.

All the best,
Maia

maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by maiapas
abc1357 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:24 pm The link to the Google Slides (see attachment below) in the original post opens to folder containing all the presentations - not the actual Issue Tracker slides. 

Also, when I open the actual presentation, the video on slide 2 does not play - it displays an error.
Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 10.22.50.png

That link is working as expected, as it is not a link to the issue Tracker slides.

Here is a link to the slides in case you'd like to see them :)

Could you please try again?

Thanks!

maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by maiapas
MrSoapsud wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:50 am Just looking at this again and how I use the UR-MP tracker. An alternative to line 4 in the request spreadsheet is an option for filtering UR's alongside the current "Anyone", "Me", "Reporter" would be something like "Anyone except me or the Reporter" - that way if a fellow editor has replied to the UR, you wouldn't see it in your list. That would also mean "you" (as in WME) doesn't have to keep track of which ones have been deleted?
Regards
Martin

Interesting feedback! This is not currently planned but I am happy to pass it on.

Best,
Maia
maiapas
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message