These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by khaytsus
PhantomBlack wrote:I agree the warning should be sooner. I also think the "is it there?" prompt should stay on the screen a little longer. I am also unsure if you get warnings for the opposite lane. I think you should get a trouble warning regardless of lane.
I think for Police reports it should warn you from either lane, but something like a road hazard it should not. And it does not warn for the other lane ever AFAIK. However, most such reports I see are on the interstate, and it's two separate roads, so could be that my data is skewed.

I'm beginning to think that Waze needs a Road Rage hazard... People are getting nuts on the roads.
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by Kuhlkatz
Settings are usually reverted if the version in the app store is updated. For Android at least, not sure about iPhone.
A reinstall will likely have the same effect.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by lgibert
grahamk wrote:Anyone know of a way to toggle Waze so it'll give me upcoming alerts a bit earlier? Most times "police reported ahead" happens when it's too late - maybe I'm driving too fast?? :-)
I agree too:
- sooner (the best would be a distance manually choosen)
- louder
- 2 way for some warning ( the best here too would be manualy choosen)

I know it's in uservoice but is there a way to know if it's on the way by the Devs or not (then about when ?)
lgibert
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Luc
https://www.rx3.net/~lgibert/images/waz ... onster.jpg
Country Manager - Local Champ - Area Manager: France - Golfe de Sainte-Maxime/Saint-Tropez + Cantal + Haute-Marne
Waze Android Version 4.0.0.2 / LG G4
Foursquare SuperUser Level 3

Post by lgibert
pvaladares wrote:
lgibert wrote:
grahamk wrote:Anyone know of a way to toggle Waze so it'll give me upcoming alerts a bit earlier? Most times "police reported ahead" happens when it's too late - maybe I'm driving too fast?? :-)
You can manually changed it tweaking the \Waze\preferences file.
Excellent, thanx a lot for your tip! The distance problem is behind me. Now, Do you know if there is a way to bypass the filter of the warning sound that warn you only if you're faster than speed limit ?
Of Course if this could be corrected by the Wazer Devs.... it would be a very precious option! O:-)

Thanx!
lgibert
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
Luc
https://www.rx3.net/~lgibert/images/waz ... onster.jpg
Country Manager - Local Champ - Area Manager: France - Golfe de Sainte-Maxime/Saint-Tropez + Cantal + Haute-Marne
Waze Android Version 4.0.0.2 / LG G4
Foursquare SuperUser Level 3

Post by massnerd
Agreed, more warning on police locations would be helpful. And I also agree the road hazard warnings are currently just right.
massnerd
Send a message

Post by Merolen
I would like to have the ability to turn off navigation audio and only have audio on traffic feedback. Most of the time I know where I am going, but I would like to know what I can expect ahead. Looking at the phone all the time is not an option. Maybe it is already an option? I haven't found it :?
Merolen
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Isnt setting file overwritten when server updates something in client?
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by phantomblack
I agree the warning should be sooner. I also think the "is it there?" prompt should stay on the screen a little longer. I am also unsure if you get warnings for the opposite lane. I think you should get a trouble warning regardless of lane.
phantomblack
Send a message
Wisconsin-based US Country Manager

Post by pvaladares
lgibert wrote:
I agree too:
- sooner (the best would be a distance manually choosen)
- louder
- 2 way for some warning ( the best here too would be manualy choosen)

I know it's in uservoice but is there a way to know if it's on the way by the Devs or not (then about when ?)

You can manually change it tweaking the \Waze\preferences file.

Code: Select all

Line 318: Alerts.Police Alert Distace: 600
Line 319: Alerts.Hazard Alert Distace: 600
Line 320: Alerts.Accident Alert Distace: 2000
Line 321: Alerts.Heavy Traffic Alert Distace: 3000
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message
Last edited by pvaladares on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by pvaladares
I started a thread about this sort of hidden settings here http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=25140 (Portuguese language...)

Maybe we could start a documentation about this in the International Wiki?
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message