These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by vince1612
Staff is already working on a new voice commands system. The one you are describing and having problems with should be entirely replaced at some point. There is currently no ETA but they are already making progress on the new one.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by vince1612
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n6ieIfA2RFQ/ ... Square.png

From https://blog.waze.com/2017/11/tis-seaso ... -waze.html
Waze wrote:Next up is our Talk to Waze feature, which gives you the power to command the Waze app with only the sound of your voice and two magic words: "OK Waze." An evolution of our existing Waze Voice Commands, you can now initiate your drive, get a preview of the route ahead, send reports, and add a pit stop—all without lifting a finger from the wheel. Not only is it convenient, it's safer, allowing you to stay focused on the road ahead. Talk to Waze is currently available for English-speaking Wazers in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Ireland, and New Zealand, and will continually roll out in more languages soon.

To start chatting with Waze today, head to Settings > Sound & voice > Talk to Waze > Toggle Listen for "OK Waze" on.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by vvk11
Are voice commands available in latest Android version? I see no option for them in menu. As this could be language limitation, I've switched everything to English... stil nothing! The only language available with "street names" (it is said it is required for VC) is Hebrew...
vvk11
Send a message

Post by Wammy70
I'm having the same issue with my Galaxy S8. Wave doesn't work, no 3 finger tap. I can't report anything while driving. I've pressed the microphone button and get the same Network Not Connected error.
Wammy70
Send a message

Post by WazinBruce
Pegleg23 wrote:Seems like the only voice command Waze recognizes from me is "Cancel". I seem to say that a lot due to it never hearing what I am reporting or responding to Waze suddenly opening up for no reason asking me to repeat something I haven't said. It's a great concept if it worked...but a bit distracting the way it works for me. Fixing voice commands would go a long way for a safer experience.
I agree the voice commands function doesn't function well at all. I struggle to get it to work without Bluetooth just speaking into the iPhone microphone, bring Bluetooth in and forget it, basically worthless. I have given up as it is more dangerous trying to get it to work than just not expecting it all but fixing it shouldn't be that hard with all the Google voice experience available to the developers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WazinBruce
Send a message
Just Wazin' through life and loving it!

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Active Editor for East Side of Cleveland, Ohio

Wiki Resources: Ohio Wazeopedia | New Ohio Editors | Ohio Area Managers

Post by WazinBruce
vince1612 wrote:Staff is already working on a new voice commands system. The one you are describing and having problems with should be entirely replaced at some point. There is currently no ETA but they are already making progress on the new one.
that's good to hear, it can't come soon enough [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WazinBruce
Send a message
Just Wazin' through life and loving it!

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Active Editor for East Side of Cleveland, Ohio

Wiki Resources: Ohio Wazeopedia | New Ohio Editors | Ohio Area Managers

Post by WillyR007
I would like to tell you something I discovered when I started using Waze. I think it maybe applies to all countries except US. That's why I post it in this forum.

In the beginning, voice commands didn't work, Waze only recognized "Casa" or "Trabajo" (for Home or Work).

After a lot of trying I discovered the reason. Outside US, Google Now suggests you to have multilanguage option selected, to be able to activate 'Ok, Google' in all the screens. So did I by selecting US English as main language and Spanish language as second language. In some way, selecting several languages there makes Waze voice commands not working.

The way to solve it is selecting only one language for Google Now, and it has to match the language it is selected in Waze (I have checked this also). I have Spanish, and only Spanish, as my language in Google Now, and the same in Waze. This way, voice commands work perfectly in my Android phone.
WillyR007
Send a message

Post by world_kqogr8ar
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The Wiki does have a list of voice commands, but it's not complete nor does it give any tips or list the problems. I compiled this list from usage. There may be many commands I haven't found yet.

List updated January 31, 2013.
  • Drive, navigate, take, go
    • Home
    • Work
    • Office
  • Stop navigating, stop navigation
  • Cancel (exits without sending report/action)
  • Exit/turn off Waze {Currently not operating on iOS since moving to Apple-required Sleep Only option}
    • Shut down
    • Turn off
    • Stop waze
    • Switch off
    • Close app
  • Back (when in a sub-menu for reporting, goes up a menu level)
  • Report, send, saw, noticed, spotted, found, there is (often not necessary)
    • Hazard, danger (mostly unnecessary)
      • On Road
        • Object
        • Pot hole
        • Roadkill
        • Closed Lane
        • Oil
        • Ice
        • Construction
        • Car, vehicle
      • On Shoulder
        • Car, vehicle
        • Animals
        • Missing Sign
      • Weather
        • Fog, foggy
        • Hail
        • Snow
        • Flood
        • Monsoon
        • Tornado
        • Heat wave
        • Hurricane
        • Freezing rain
    • Traffic, jam
      • Moderate
      • Heavy
      • Standstill
    • Police, policeman
    • Accident
      • Minor
      • Major
    • Camera, speed trap
      • Speed
      • Fake, dummy
      • Red light, light
Alert Commands
  • Thanks
  • Not there, gone, false
  • Hide, close, dismiss
world_kqogr8ar
Send a message

Post by YorkieJaz
Not working on 4.13.0.4
YorkieJaz
Send a message

Post by Zm0gis
Would like to use voice commands, like others said - it's safer. But i'm from Lithuania, and somehow, voice commands appears in russian language (wtf). This auto selection is crappy atm. At least give us manual pick. So we can choose which language we can hear, at least give a default - english for everyone in Europe. Like Waze says - stay safe, voice commands is the thing which makes driving safer. Imagine driving on icy road at night. And reporting about object on the road, without letting your steering wheel away. It could save your life and others too. We need it, please.

Regards,
Zm0gis
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message