These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Google Maps replaced Waze in Android Auto

Post by 4d0c2f9583e640798eb787dcbf811b3f
Waze used to be my default navigation maps when I would connect my phone to my automobiles via USB cable.  Now when I connect to the USB cable, Google Maps is now the default navigation application.  Waze is no longer available as an application on my automobile.  I don't know how to make Waze revert back to default application.  Did Andriod Auto make a change or did Google Map replace Waze in Android Auto?
4d0c2f9583e640798eb787dcbf811b3f

POSTER_ID:18115703

Send a message

Post by JenBenkart
Android auto completely stopped working two weeks ago and now that it does ago Google maps is only thing that will work . I have never used it and won't! I've tried everything to get Waze to connect to my car again!
JenBenkart
Send a message

Post by jm6087
It must be something on your end.  My Android Auto still opens to Waze.  The last time I had an issue with Android Auto opening Google Maps is when I I clicked a navigate link in an app and it opened Google Maps.  I just had to close and select Waze manually.
Generally, Android Auto will open to the last mapping program used, so you may need to look in your Android Auto settings for Waze and open it.   
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by msdkbow11
I had the same issue with my phone on my wife's car. I haven't been able to fix it yet but I did discover the problem is with the phone. If I use my wife's phone on her car, it works fine. And by the same token, I recently purchased a new car and my phone defaults to Google maps as well even if I have Waze running when I activate Android Auto. 
msdkbow11
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
My AA switched to Google Maps recently as well (AA and Waze updates about the same time). However, I was able to go into the list of apps and switch back to Waze.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by usa_78yxqg1j
I disabled Maps and works perfectly.
I got the warning that it may affect other apps but hasn't done anything to any other app. Good luck!  
usa_78yxqg1j
Send a message