Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Can't enter addresses in "Navigate" screen

Post by dascoyne
I'm in Menlo Park and I just installed the app on my iPhone. When I go to the navigate screen I started by trying to enter my home address in the Home field. From what I understand a list of addresses should pop up when I enter my address but nothing happens at all. When I press search the keyboard disappears and it just displays my text without jumping to a selection screen. It turns out I can't enter any data for Work, Favorites or anything else.

Am I doing something wrong?
dascoyne

POSTER_ID:9499318

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This is the 2nd report I've seen of this on iOS today. http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23767 was posted before you did. (And this is a client-side issue and has nothing to do with the map, so I think getting more folks into that thread in a similar situation would be sensible.)

FYI, you can tap-hold on the map to add a favorite or navigate as well. But you'd have to pan the map to find it first in this situation until we can figure it out.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
bigbear3764 wrote:Weren't both of these problems from new users who just downloaded new version 3.2.2 to their phones?

Maybe not affecting us that just updated?
Yes, perhaps, but what that could be, I don't know. Let's keep the discussion in the first thread.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Bigbear3764
Weren't both of these problems from new users who just downloaded new version 3.2.2 to their phones?

Maybe not affecting us that just updated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by fourgrands4nana
I have an android inspire and can not add addresses either. I have the newest version of waze.
fourgrands4nana
Send a message

Post by tjscott
Same problem with Android Razr. Can't figure out how to load addresses.
tjscott
Send a message