Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Why a limit on Reports

Post by Kulg
This morning we had heavy rains & hence lots of incidents to report but Waze only let me reports few & then said that I have reached my limits. The result is 5 bad incidents that I was not able to report to the Waze community.

What is the reason for this limit?

Kulg :?:
Kulg

POSTER_ID:9412237

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
To prevent abuse of the system. Think of it this way, you alone can't possibly report everything you come across, but between you and the rest of your local Wazers, you can all work together and report them all...

The limits are time and/or distance based.

Were you by chance trying to report "Weather: Rain" over and over again?
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
Kulg wrote:I had reported 3 traffic lights out, 2 broken down cars and then wanted to report a deadlock in traffic as well.
Is reporting non-functioning traffic signals standard practice where you are? Waze should auto detect those jams & you shouldn't have to report them...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by haretz
Is there any way of asking Waze to reconsider this? I live in a city with massive traffic jams (São Paulo, Brazil) and I am happy to report hundreds of times. I could not care less about the points and would be more than happy if Waze disconsidered the points for what it perceived to be "excessive" reporting...as long as the reports themselves were considered. I find it very peculiar that a system made to help users fight traffic actually chooses to disregard perfectly valuable traffic info...

Thanks
haretz
Send a message

Post by Kulg
I had reported 3 traffic lights out, 2 broken down cars and then wanted to report a deadlock in traffic as well.
Kulg
Send a message

Post by Kulg
I reported them as I was early on the roads. With rain & poor visibility its a road hazard and helps other users avoid them. As it gets later the traffic very quickly builds up into a jam where lights are out.
Kulg
Send a message

Post by Mr_GO_HERD
Usually when you reach a limit you only need to drive a short distance and it unlocks again.
Mr_GO_HERD
Send a message
Mapping from the plains of Illinois to the mountains of West Virginia!
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406 ... 146710.jpg