Empower your map edits! Learn how "Suggest an Edit" unlocks new possibilities on  March 10th Office Hours
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Update on Waze EV Taskforce

Post by BrettC0
Greetings Editors!

I’d like to congratulate you on the amazing success we’ve rapidly achieved with the Waze EV Taskforce!

Without your guidance and contributions to this project, we would not have been able to launch the new Waze EV features which are now being used by drivers in over 60 countries!

We have delivered the sheets with your feedback, corrections, and comments to the data provider, and they are currently processing the thousands of notes you’ve given them. It may take some time to process them all, so we appreciate your patience. 

As we move into our H2 planning, we’ve decided to wind down the EV Taskforce and integrate our new EV features into the squads that will ultimately own each component. 
  • For WME-related features like EVCS mapping, these components will be owned by the Map Squad, and you should report any issues with them through the normal WME escalation process here on the WME forum
  • For any WME suggestions related to EVs, we encourage you to please submit them in Uservoice.
  • For Feed-related issues like reporting data issues or making corrections to plug types or other locked fields, please report these to your country’s coordinators and Champs who have access to a form to fill out. Staff will handle these cases either internally or with the data provider as needed. Please note that if you already reported an issue on your country’s sheet, then it has already been delivered to the feed provider. It may take some time for these updates to be delivered, and we appreciate your patience. 
  • For App-related features like EV Settings, Search, Passes, Routing & Navigation, and Venue Card components like RTA should be reported through the appropriate area of Waze Discuss for Beta, like all other app features.
  • For country-specific issues, please report those to your Staff Community Manager through your local Champs and Coordinators, or through the WME Local Issues forum

Next Phases: 

Currently, we are in the midst of opening the initial feed to live in test countries which are above 75% complete, and plan to open the feed globally throughout the rest of Q3. 

We have also begun testing RTA (real-time availability) for Beta Testers, and hope to launch it to production in the coming weeks. 

After we work out any issues that are uncovered with the feed reliability and stability, we will begin a process to compare our data to what is available from Geo. We expect this process to take some time, and will include matching venues and importing missing ones from Geo. 

I’d like to reassure you that the winding down of the EV Taskforce does not signal the end of Waze’s EV effort. In fact, this was a very successful launching pad to elevate EV to a core component across all Waze squads

We couldn’t have done this without you, and I invite you all to celebrate this major achievement positioning Waze as a leader in the next generation of mobility!

Brett, on behalf of the Waze EV Taskforce

BrettC0
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:17975026

Send a message

Post by BrettC0
endradon wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:14 pm Should we continue to use the sheet to report problems we encounter when adding new EVCS? Or should this now go through the coordinators?

Hey @endradon

You should report feed issues to your Coordinators or Champs who have access to a form to submit new issues. 
BrettC0
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by BrettC0
Vaupell wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:49 pm Interesting, as a EV driver i find this topic very relevant.

I wonder how do i gain access to the forums linked, as when i click the links shared here by OP,
I get 403 forbidden.

Or how do i get more involved with Waze EV community.

Hi @Vaupell

The mapping effort is only open to Level 3+ editors, so unfortunately you don't qualify yet to participate. However, as an EV driver I encourage you to join the Waze Beta Community, and you will be able to beta test the EV features on your drives before they are released. 

BrettC0
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by endradon
Should we continue to use the sheet to report problems we encounter when adding new EVCS? Or should this now go through the coordinators?

endradon
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
Tim
AM Mönchengladbach/Niederrhein
AM Bergisches Städtedreieck
  https://imgur.com/ffjuLaD.png

Post by Vaupell
Interesting, as a EV driver i find this topic very relevant.

I wonder how do i gain access to the forums linked, as when i click the links shared here by OP,
I get 403 forbidden.

Or how do i get more involved with Waze EV community.
Vaupell
Send a message
  • EV Driver and still using Waze :ugeek:
  • Rookie Map Editor