Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by floppyrod84
In my new car? Highly unlikely ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Server issue, not related to any scripts. Happens to us all now and again. All you can do is refresh or click permalink and hope.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Laurentwb wrote:Here is a permalink pointing to a place where there are 4 roads with connection on only one side. Three are highlighted, one is not. https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&l ... TTTFTTTTFT I understand why these dead-end roads don't show up the same way.
Because this one is terminated with a junction, whereas these three are not.
Laurentwb wrote: My point, as you say, is to really highlight roads with connection on only one side because it is a good tool to find where there are real connection issues rather than dead-end roads.

As you say, not sure it is feasible. But it would be so great ...
So, you would like to highlight all four roads? To notice where a road's end is floating near some other road, but is not connected to it?

It off course is feasible. But from my experience, such unconnected road is usually not terminated by a junction, but its end is freely floating very near the other road. (On a manually created map, I admit I'm not sure about an imported basemap.) And just this type of roads gets highlighted now.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Bug report:
If the v1.0.1 is enabled, opening an(y) editor page using a permalink with segments (or landmarks) does not select and highlight these segments (or landmarks).
I do not remember, whether it was functional in the previous versions.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Timbones wrote:
foxitrot wrote:If the v1.0.1 is enabled, opening an(y) editor page using a permalink with segments does not select and highlight these segments.
I cannot replicate this issue, except when selecting a Street and zooming out too far. This cannot be fixed.
Maybe "highlight" was not the correct word, I've meant "selected" (the segments, listed in permalink URL).
No, not zoomed far at all, e.g. zoom=8 in city streets. Or I can not get these 5 segments selected, unless I switch the Highlighter off... The same with current v1.1.0.

I have also tried disabling other plugins - no difference. I have to try other Firefox instance. Howewer it works correctly with Chrome 21.0.1180.89, with both WME and betaw.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Timbones wrote:Changelog
- Other minor fixes (including that issue with segments in permalink)
Still does not work for me (that issue with segments in permalink) :-( (On Firefox, yet to try Chrome.)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Timbones wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Still does not work for me :-( (...yet to try Chrome.)
[...] It's fine in Chrome.
(facepalm) :roll: (slapownhead) I've forgot that I've already checked Chrome two days ago:
foxitrot wrote: Howewer it works correctly with Chrome 21.0.1180.89, with both WME and betaw.
Excuse my confusion.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Highlighting all uneditable segments would be awesome!
Dashed?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
shawndoc wrote:WME Ext. Tools 1.6.2. I got it from the link in the Wiki.
The tools' title might contain a link to its home page, just like WME Colour Highlights does it ;-)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
I know it does not. The idea was "it would be nice, if..."
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message