Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
This is the place to discuss issues that are relevant for locations in the US. For any other discussions, please use the main forums.
Post by CBenson
sketch wrote:This has been reported in a few places around the forums. There's been some kind of bug propagating over the past couple months where "N" is not pronounced "north" after certain words — "Pkwy" and "Expy", for example, and I think perhaps in "Cesar Chavez N" as well.
I have reported this in the past for "Pkwy." However, this morning waze gave me correct directions of "Parkway South" for "Pkwy S"
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
sketch wrote:
CBenson wrote:I had thought that "St." at the beginning of a name was voiced as "Saint." But this segment is currently spoken as "Street Stephens Church Road" for me.
Possibly because of the period? We have "St Claude Ave" here and it's always said "Saint", at least as far as I know. I go there relatively often.
I still get "Street Stephens Church Road" here without the period. (with Samantha)
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
sketch wrote:I've only ever heard it reported for "N". So, "parkway n", but "parkway south", "parkway east", and "parkway west".
I could have sworn I got "Parkway ess" before, but looking back I see I only reported "Parkway enn." You could be correct that this is only a problem for "N." I'll see what happens if I go north.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Okay, the timeline: The road was named "St. Stephens Church Rd" For quite some time it was pronounced "Saint Stephens Church Road." Then some time in the past few months it started being pronounced for me as "Street Stephens Church Road." So I edited it to try "St Stephens Church Rd" which is currently pronounced for me as "Street Stephens Church Road."
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Yes. I've cleared the cache.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
So what are we doing differently? I continue to get "Street Stephens Church Road" for "St Stephens Church Rd" regardless of whether the first "St" has a period or not. I continue to get "Pennsylvania" for "Penn" and I got "Dee Are" for "Dr. Martin Luther King" over the weekend. I'll try clearing the voice cache again and try with the current beta release.

Are you using a test bed somewhere where I could see if I get the same results over the same roads?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Aww. I just retested "St Stephens Church Rd," "Penn St" and got "Saint" and "Penn." Don't remember where I was when I got "Dee Are." Don't know what I've done differently (except this is a new beta version from the last time I tested).

However, turning right on this segment still gives me "turn right on Baltimore Washington Parkway Enn Baltimore Bee Double You Eye"
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
But the MUTCD doesn't approve of BUS does it?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Your probably right. I've only been confused when the TTS says "bus."
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message