The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by BrianCanFixIT
jasonh300 wrote:BTW, what software are you using to make the video like that?
On OSX Lion you can use "Quicktime Player" to do screen recordings (in previous versions you had to purchase QuickTime Pro). Alan showed me that one.
BrianCanFixIT
Send a message
Area Manager: Sacramento & rural California
iPhone 4s, iOS 5.0.1 JB

Post by BrianCanFixIT
I did not save any changes, it still shows only shows one road, not duplicated, before editing... but I should have made that evident in the vid.
BrianCanFixIT
Send a message
iPhone 4s, iOS 5.0.1 JB

Post by BrianCanFixIT
I got the duplicate road without panning back too; it's maddening when fixing country roads.
BrianCanFixIT
Send a message
iPhone 4s, iOS 5.0.1 JB

Post by DonJ2
I remember this happening to me in the past, but have not seen it in a long time. Sorry to hear that it's back.
DonJ2
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Area Manager: Florida - Brevard, Lake, Osceola, Orange, Seminole, Volusia
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Verizon - Android 4.4.2

Post by gregers
Is this bug still not resolved? (http://world.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Known_issues)

I've found many, many places in Norway where this has happened. Resulting in LOTS of disconnected roads. They are also difficult to fix, since the editor pops up all sorts of error messages when trying to save.

Last week I reported a bug-report for the editor issues along with some examples of duplicate roads:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 20#p230448

This weekend Waze couldn't find a route that has previously worked. When going to fix it I noticed yet another duplicate road. Tried to delete it and fix the roads, but then the editor wouldn't let me allow turns or adjust road geometry at close zoom-levels (only when zooming so far out that it was impossible to alter junctions).

When will you fix this bug? How are you planning on fixing all the map-problems caused by this bug? It's close to impossible for the community to fix these map errors, caused by this bug, because of other editor bugs. *sigh*
gregers
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
This is the first time I've seen anything like this. I've noticed an occasional layered road when doing cleanup, but it's always a little short section, so I usually discover it because I get an error while saving. I'm going to have to pay closer attention the next time this happens and see if it's anything like what you showed in the video.

BTW, what software are you using to make the video like that?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I got that last night. If you just drew in that blue segment to the left with the 45 degree angle, your situation is almost identical to mine.

I hit undo and started over and it happened again. A save and permalink solved it.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:I hit undo and started over and it happened again. A save and permalink solved it.
The only thing that worked for me is to draw a shorter segment. (The video starts with a fresh permalink load.)
Didn't realize it was a video. :duh:

Anyway, now that I think about it, the permalink didn't fix it. It was a pretty long segment I had drawn and I ended up drawing it and saving without connecting it to the offending segment. Then I connected it and it was fine.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Mike-1323
I had this happen for the first time today. I didn't know it until I tried to add a road junction and save it. I kept getting the generic an error occurred message. Eventually I accidentally found the layered road and deleted it. Then I got the error during save but when I OK'ed out of the message everything had gone non-orange, the duplicate road was gone, and editing resumed normal operation. I just kind of scratched my head and assumed it was a synch error of some type and forgot about it until reading this thread.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

[img]https:///L6ziL[/img] [img]https:///0NAfp[/img]

Required reading: Quick Start Guide, Best Practices, USA Road Types

Post by RallyChris
I don't do to much panning when building a new road, but have done it occasionally with no issue.

I'll keep my eye open for this too.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png