Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Closed Road while Road works

Post by fenryl
Hi i'm missing the Option to report closed roads cause of road works

or do i have some tomato's on my eyes?

Cheers
Cenk :?:
fenryl

POSTER_ID:9154529

Send a message

Post by Caradellino
CBenson wrote:By the wazer reporting the road closed
Of course, I agree, that is the easy part, no doubt on that. It could be done much like the normal reports, but without being automatically deleted after a certain periode of time.
CBenson wrote:There really shouldn't be any problem with malicious (ignorant or otherwise erroneous) reports on high volume freeways, because its likely there will be wazers traversing the road.
Thats the part I'm not so sure about. In theory I agree with you, but practically I think Wazers would avoid a route over a closed road. So you need scouts traveling intentionally to a closed road to check it, spreading the news, so that Wazers start traversing the before closed roads again to generate the information you think to use to cancel the report.
A maybe better way could be a feature, that allows you to quit the report - especially if you have additional sources of information, best from remote location, so you don't have to wait until you get there again.
Malicious (ignorant or otherwise erroneous) reports could be dealt with immediately too - by the next passing Wazer.

For background information: here in Austria we have (beside the main cities) a rather scarce Wazer density, thats why I fear, we won't get enough Wazer tracks to remove a road closure automatically.
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Greets...and keep on wazing
Caradellino, CM for:
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Common ... /Mysig.png
AT-Wiki | Team Austria | Wie Waze Routen kalkuliert
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by Caradellino
WeeeZer14 wrote:The saving grace for a malicious user reporting a freeway closed would have to be OTHER Wazers CURRENTLY on the same segment. Say 3 Wazers are driving on the Freeway around the same time and place (details of what is close enough time and distance wise would have to be determined). One reports road closed. The other two fly by at freeway speed like nothing is wrong. Waze could then ignore the report.
WeeeZer14, I think your concept is perfect for dense areas - as you state yourself
WeeeZer14 wrote:If there are enough Wazer's
But what if there are not - there has to be a way in removing erroneous (think positive ;) ) reports without being there or the need of going there.

Don't get me wrong, i second such a feature very much - but it has to be as fast as a report but stay there until terminated. :!:
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Caradellino, CM for:
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by Caradellino
CrackedLCD wrote: it wouldn't even show up in the map since it's not updated but once in a blue moon
...therefore it has to be a client-based solution, i don't think, there's a way around it. Imagine the Fuel prices had to be managed via WME... :roll:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:We now need to find out what Waze plans to do with the "Road Closed" report type just added to the app in the iOS beta.
So maybe there is hope in this matter, think positive... :mrgreen:
Caradellino
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Caradellino, CM for:
Australian Wiki
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Post by CBenson
If waze can't tell when a high volume freeway isn't closed, there not using their data very well.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Caradellino wrote:[therefore how would they get the information?
By the wazer reporting the road closed - that's the whole point. Sure waze can't just assume that a road is closed where there is no traffic. But no traffic and a road closed report would seem good enough to me. There really shouldn't be any problem with malicious (ignorant or otherwise erroneous) reports on high volume freeways, because its likely there will be wazers traversing the road.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CrackedLCD
I really hope the Waze crew can add that option at some point. We just had a hurricane blow through and it caused some moderate flooding, which closed many area roads. It would have been nice to have an alert specifically for that, instead of me using the "object in road" section and noting "water over road - closed" in the comments section for 10 different roads.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Turn restrictions and disconnecting roads are all well and good if you're an area manager, but if the road is locked, I can't do jack. Bankhead Tunnel in Mobile, Alabama is closed this week for repairs, so it wouldn't even show up in the map since it's not updated but once in a blue moon. This is where that "road closed" alert would sure come in handy.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
There is no such option in the Waze application.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by ldimasi
Caradellino wrote:
WeeeZer14 wrote:The saving grace for a malicious user reporting a freeway closed would have to be OTHER Wazers CURRENTLY on the same segment. Say 3 Wazers are driving on the Freeway around the same time and place (details of what is close enough time and distance wise would have to be determined). One reports road closed. The other two fly by at freeway speed like nothing is wrong. Waze could then ignore the report.
WeeeZer14, I think your concept is perfect for dense areas - as you state yourself
WeeeZer14 wrote:If there are enough Wazer's
But what if there are not - there has to be a way in removing erroneous (think positive ;) ) reports without being there or the need of going there.

Don't get me wrong, i second such a feature very much - but it has to be as fast as a report but stay there until terminated. :!:
Why not reserve the creation of a "road closed" sign to registered user with a minimum rank?

Lorenzo
ldimasi
Send a message