These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by The Fej
Hi
The term ''event'' is indeed misleading in this context. Indeed the speed cam event is a permanent fixture that is tied into the place and not disappearing after a certain threshold. It is used for the exact purpose that you have indicated, I.e. to map these locations.
Fej
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
Hi
We will look into it and see how to correct this
Thanks
Fej
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
Good question. If they stay there for a short period, then I think that indicating them as police (which is the temporary indication) makes sense, if its several days or more, then I think they can be marked as a speed cam.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
That's a bit new to me. Way I know they work is that they activate on the direction travelled where its pointed at (I.e. a single travel direction with the camera at an angle that only focuses on that area to capture the car number) so that if you are crossing the intersection in red you are photographed but if you have green (in other directions where your car is sideways to the camera) you are not photographed (as its OK for you to drive).
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
Indeed this currently is not supported. I think for time being the easiest is to put there 2-4 cameras in the right direction.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
Can you give us an example of where they were on the screen and where they are missing in the Cartouche ?
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by Vikingr
Same here in Norway. Some show up on the client now, but all are gone from Cartouche.
Vikingr
Send a message
Phones: HTC Nexus One(Android), Acer Liquid A1(Android)
Browser: Google Chrome
Area Manager: Norway, south-east

Post by Vikingr
Yes it seems to be a bit random, I can't add new ones either.
Vikingr
Send a message

Post by Vikingr
Another bug is that the client on my Android phone crashes at around 90% of the times I try to add a new camera.
There are one camera that I drive past daily that I have never managed to add.
Vikingr
Send a message

Post by Vikingr
And why only very few of them that do show up on the clients trigger the warning.
And why some positions always crash my Android client, when I try to add the camera thats there.
BalsbyMange wrote:Any news regarding the mystery of the missing speedcameras?
Vikingr
Send a message