If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Improve Bug Tracking/Customer Support/Feature Requests

Post by MECU
For feature request and tracking/implementation system, you could use a website such as: http://uservoice.com/ to allow folks to vote on ideas to help you figure out what is more desired and wanted by the community. You can also centrally track ideas and users have an easier way to search for ideas to see if theirs is new or not and find out the status of it and follow the status throughout the implementation.

Further, having a better system than the forums to track bugs or other customer support. It's difficult to search in the forums since the keywords likely to be searched for are too popular to be searched for (try "bug", it says it's too popular). I've got a problem that seems to be getting drowned in the forums. I don't see much support or help being given by Waze directly (for which it seems a majority of the problems seem to need help), and many of the answers/responses seem to be "We need more information, please do X" and then there's nothing more, even if the user provides such information. Forums aren't the best software to manage all these problems. OTRS is good for e-mail customer support, and Wikipedia uses it for their e-mail traffic and image content licensing system. There are many software/bug tracking softwares that could be used to help track and manage bugs. I'm sure you're using one internally, perhaps let us users get visibility to this system (or just part of it) so we can help file bugs and verify problems.

I don't think the problem is the Waze support staff, I think it's too much of a volume for the 1 person performing this task (it seems like 1 person to me). Getting this better organized will help, but in the end, I think there needs to be more people helping as well, and you've invited the community, so why not let the community help with all these tasks as well?
MECU

POSTER_ID:201775

Send a message
Silver 2004 Acura TSX / Area Manager - Colorado Front Range / Motorola Droid v2.2.1 / Waze: Android 2.2.0.3

Post by zzyzxuk
+1

The guys doing tech support are great. But there's clearly too many threads being posted for them to answer each one individually, so having a central place where the 'known bugs' are listed would help us know which are still being 'worked on' and which needs re-reporting.

I appreciate that new companies often don't want to publicly show potential investors/stockholders that their product isn't perfect, but I believe that showing that you have an active customer base that is helping you refine and perfect the product would be far more interesting to perspective buyers - and being able to provide better two-way communication about what bugs are being fixed woudl go a long way to helping your early-adopters "keep the faith" in the product, and not walk away frustrated, believing that things aren't going to be fixed.

I've been with Waze since November, so I've seen the product evolve, and am willing to be patient. Other users might not be quite so patient, so letting them know that there's a "plan" would be, IMHO, useful.
zzyzxuk
Send a message