Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by foxitrot
Could specifically the (ID=-1) user be allowed to be added into the "Filter by Editor (Green)" list? It would be useful in basemapped countries, where many segment were never edited. The "No City (Gray)" checkbox is helpful in cities, but exact (-1) would be wonderful. (I believe it is a question of some 3-5 lines of additional code in updateUserList(), but I've failed - I'd need to see the waze road data (as in Chrome) and ideally have a code debugger at hand...)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Kuhlkatz wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Could specifically the (ID=-1) user be allowed to be added into the "Filter by Editor (Green)" list?[/color]
The -1 user should be listed as admin(6) in the dropdown if I'm not mistaken.
My bad! I should probably have to refresh the page to force rereading the usernames for matching IDs. Now the admin(6) appears there. Thanks for reminding me (slap) :roll:
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
zombie16 wrote:I think it looks at the 'last edited by' field, not the 'created by' field.
True.
zombie16 wrote:I highlighted a segment with admin as the creater, but it isn't listed in the drop down. I also found another segment that only has a 'created by' user and it also wasn't in the drop down list.
I've also seen segments with neither creator nor updater. No idea anymore where it was...
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
When shortened like this, the title could accomodate the date as well.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
mike-bronner wrote:...would it be possible to add a highlight selector for states? I am editing in one of those states that have been thoroughly mixed up with a neighboring state...
I'm supporting this too. I live and edit just at the borderline...

(I was already thinking hard of spinning a modified copy of the City highlight selector, but after looking at the code and thinking of having to regularly patch the approx. hundred of tiny changes with each new version of the script...)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Timbones wrote:Thanks to skbun for contributing additional code for the 'highlight a city' feature.
Should be particularly useful for U.S. editors near state/country boundaries.
When at this location https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... TTTFTTTTFT I'm getting the "Filter by city" populated with "No City", "Bratislava" and also "Mikovíniho 1, Bratislava" (with =0 occurences). Panning a few city blocks around cause the street to disappear from the list. Zooming far enough adds also the countries to the list, so I get "Mikovíniho 1, Bratislava, Slovakia (=0)".

Any idea why? There is no such landmark or segment around, just two plain "Mikovíniho" street segments.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by FreeMan12
I seem to have run into an issue with the city highlighting. I select a city from the drop down, and not all the roads that are in that city get highlighted.
Waze WME Color Highlights 1.png
(167.77 KiB) Downloaded 852 times
I added in an image of the drop down for city selection, and there are a couple of options (including the state, which is odd. I've not seen any roads in the area that have the state mistakenly entered into the city field, but I've not checked every road. The state has been in the drop down every time I've checked it across multiple areas of Kokomo). I can select either of the other 2 options, and no roads get highlighted at all. Also, note that the grey "No city" option is checked, and these roads are not marked as "no city".

This is located here, if you want to take a look yourself.

Also, note that the "Highlight a road type" function doesn't seem to be working, either. There is nothing populating the drop down box. However, when the check box is selected, I occasionally get a random segment or two highlighted in purple.

I got the notice today in FF that the script had automatically updated itself, so I went to Chrome, downloaded the update and dropped it on the extension page. The city highlight issue happens in Chrome v22.0.1229.79, but it doesn't seem to happen in FF 15.0.1. Some zooming in & out seems to refresh it in Chrome & it will display properly. The "Highlight a road type" doesn't seem to work in either Chrome or FF.

All in all, I'm very happy with this extension!!! Makes life much easier, thank you!
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana

Post by FreeMan12
Timbones wrote:
FreeMan12 wrote:I seem to have run into an issue with the city highlighting. I select a city from the drop down, and not all the roads that are in that city get highlighted.
[...]
That is very odd. I tried it myself, but I could not replicate it. It could be because the Road Data from Waze is incomplete.
Do you get any errors in the Error Console? (Ctrl+Shift+J)

Edit: Send the details via PM...
It was intermittent as I was updating city values, and now that I'm done with the town I was in, I can't reproduce it. I'll try to remember to check the error console if I run into it again.

EDIT: That's why I included a screen shot, not just a permalink, just to prove I'm not crazy! :)
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana

Post by fvwazing
Timbones wrote:
mike-bronner wrote:would it be possible to add a highlight selector for states? I am editing in one of those states that have been thoroughly mixed up with a neighboring state, and would love to highlight out all the errant state segments.
Maybe. Problem is, we don't have 'states' in my country (rest of the world), despite us begging Waze for 3 years.
A highlighter for countries is very much needed here (on INTL) as well...
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
What BlazeTool says, check first and double-check later.

As for reconnecting segments: I made it a habit to move the node a bit, then deselect, then select it again and drag it back. Didn't know it can be done in one move ;-)

And please - configure your PC to show a extra-BIG mousecursor next time. And move it slower.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1