Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Hazardss

Post by TrafficGuy01
* Workers on Shoulder option
* School Zones option
* Car in center divide option
* lane info option (pot hole/closed lane/stalled vehicle in lane 1/2/3) so to avoid lane
*Be able to remove traffic Tags if not currect just like with police Not there.

Don
TrafficGuy01
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:8991940

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I would love a school zone landmark which could alert you when entering. After the initial version, then we add multiple definable start/end times. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
DTF69 wrote:* Workers on Shoulder option
Report as construction - you can always add a comment/description.
DTF69 wrote:* School Zones option
This would be quite complicated, as School Zones happen only during certain hours, and then only on school days (which vary from district to district/state to state/country to country).
DTF69 wrote:* Car in center divide option
Report as car on shoulder (technically it IS the left shoulder) - you can always add a comment/description.
DTF69 wrote:* lane info option (pot hole/closed lane/stalled vehicle in lane 1/2/3) so to avoid lane
Just add a comment/description.
DTF69 wrote:*Be able to remove traffic Tags if not currect just like with police Not there.
Especially the ones that are user created, not Waze generated...

Over all I'd like to see a "Road Work" report instead of it being a subcategory of "Hazard"... Ideally it would pop up a screen that would let you quickly select Right/Left and Shoulder/1/2/3/4 Lanes.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I would love a school zone landmark which could alert you when entering. After the initial version, then we add multiple definable start/end times. :)
I see that coming after we get time based turn restrictions/road directionality.... The hard thing about School Zones is to keep track of the School Days. Is school open? closed? half day? what time does this particular school let out? summer vacation? winter vacation? teacher conference day with no students? etc...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
edEskankus wrote:First month of use - great software. Some of the hazard ID's take a while to get to and I'm well past the problem by the time I've ID'd it when on the highway. Regardless I'd like to be able to warn folks of a slow driver which can be more dangerous than a "car stopped on the shoulder".
1) The marker is placed where you hit the report button, not where you are when you finish the report...
2) Moving vehicles, even slow ones, should not be reported... By the time the report makes it to other users, the slow vehicle can be far away & predicting its location grows exponentially more difficult as each intersection passes on the potential route...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by Daknife
If you are not going to see the big yellow signs, the flashing yellow lights, the words school zone painted on the street, The crossing guard under your left wheel (j/k, I hope) how is a little window popping up on your smartphone going to be any different?

Sorry maybe it would be a good idea, but very complicated to fully and properly deploy. It would require landmarks that would need to be properly set exactly to the school zones, the start and end times of the school zone protections (and these don't match up with start and end of classes they are differing periods of time before depending on the locality, some areas have the school zones active an hour before, others half an hour and so on. Then as others have already noted you have the problem of keeping track of what days school is open, which days are holidays which days are early out or late start. Every single school zone for every single school would have to be manually and individually set up each school year, and manually adjusted anytime there is any change in the school schedule during the school year. How many days are going to be tacked on to the school year back east for Sandy?

And getting the times and dates to program isn't easy, sure for public schools the school district usually sends out a mailer in the summer detailing the next school year schedule, but what about charters that often follow different schedules and private schools?

Far more work than even time based turn restrictions.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by edEskankus
First month of use - great software. Some of the hazard ID's take a while to get to and I'm well past the problem by the time I've ID'd it when on the highway. Regardless I'd like to be able to warn folks of a slow driver which can be more dangerous than a "car stopped on the shoulder".
edEskankus
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73717866/waze.png

dbates • 6.0(10A403) • IP4

Post by ssshaw
AndyPoms wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I would love a school zone landmark which could alert you when entering. After the initial version, then we add multiple definable start/end times. :)
I see that coming after we get time based turn restrictions/road directionality.... The hard thing about School Zones is to keep track of the School Days. Is school open? closed? half day? what time does this particular school let out? summer vacation? winter vacation? teacher conference day with no students? etc...
Please hurry. I got nailed in a school zone yesterday because I didn't see the sign.
ssshaw
Send a message