These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Next street in blue color.

Post by usaweb_7qpr01mx
Hello.  On my screen, the next street shows up in blue on a black background.  In bad viewing conditions (sunny day) it's hard to read it, it would be much more visible in white on black, like the distance is shown.  Is it possible to change it?

Thank you.
usaweb_7qpr01mx

POSTER_ID:18190679

Send a message

Post by jm6087
There are no options available to change this.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by turbomkt
usaweb_7qpr01mx wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm Hello.  On my screen, the next street shows up in blue on a black background.  In bad viewing conditions (sunny day) it's hard to read it, it would be much more visible in white on black, like the distance is shown.  Is it possible to change it?

Thank you.

You can try switching to daytime mode instead of night.  That will put colors on a white background.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
usaweb_7qpr01mx wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:14 pm Thanks, but I searched in Settings and cannot find how to switch to Daytime Mode. I checked General and Map display.

Open the app on your phone and open settings.  Tap on Map Display.  What does the first line say? Mine says Dark Mode with On, Off, Only at night, and Same as phone settings.

Tap that line and choose the option for you.

Another option...are you using CarPlay or Android Auto and your headlights are on automatically, maybe the car is telling your phone to change to dark mode.

turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
usaweb_7qpr01mx wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:26 pm Yes, I went to Map Display and saw the same four options, but all of them show blue letters on a black background. I switched off the Dark Mode on my phone, it made no difference.

What mode did you switch to?

turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
This is not normal behavior. It's either a bug with your app (uninstall and reinstall) or an interaction with phone settings. You have changed them, but maybe there is a different setting. You may need to submit a bug report using the app rather than as a post here - you can submit logs and developers can look at the interactions in ways no one here can.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by usaweb_7qpr01mx
Thanks, but I searched in Settings and cannot find how to switch to Daytime Mode. I checked General and Map display.
usaweb_7qpr01mx
Send a message

Post by usaweb_7qpr01mx
Yes, I went to Map Display and saw the same four options, but all of them show blue letters on a black background. I switched off the Dark Mode on my phone, it made no difference.

usaweb_7qpr01mx
Send a message

Post by usaweb_7qpr01mx
I tried all four options with the same result. I then went to the phone settings and switched dark mode on and off. Still I get a black background with blue letters for the next street (white letters for the distance).
usaweb_7qpr01mx
Send a message

Post by usaweb_7qpr01mx
Thank you for your time.
usaweb_7qpr01mx
Send a message