Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Updated text strings & New languages - we need your help!

Post by krankyd
Hi guys,

we have a lot of languages in the wiki that are in some stage of translation.
I just went through them and made sure that they all have the latest version with all the strings needed for the upcoming version (1.8).
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Main ... ranslation

If you can help with one of these languages, we would really appreciate your help!
When you notice a language is done (all strings are translated) please send us an email to alpha@waze.com so we'll know to pick it up and upload it to waze!

Thanks!
krankyd

POSTER_ID:84

Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by krankyd
new text for Dutch is now updated on the server - restart waze once to update the file and you should see it there. if not please let me know
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by robin1979
Krankyd,

I translated the new strings I could find. Could you push out a new beta with the translated strings? Would be much easier for checking if it is correct.

Also, I've created a topic for Dutch users to give some suggestions, so hopefully some more people will review it.
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3386

Thanks
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
krankyd wrote:new text for Dutch is now updated on the server - restart waze once to update the file and you should see it there. if not please let me know
Brilliant :). I thought only the voice prompts were downloaded, but the language files as well. Nice touch, I'll try it later today.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
Well, couldn't wait. Tried it, but a lot of translations are not showing up, for example this one:

Code: Select all

Am checking out the Waze / Foursquare integration=Dat ik Waze icm. Foursquare gebruik
Also, I made some changes to previously translated strings, and those aren't showing up either. Help 8-)
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe