Post by dmcconachie
Points required to "rank up" are updated on the 1st of the month.

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
Bunger78 wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:Points required to "rank up" are updated on the 1st of the month.
Does the same operation "rank down" users if applicable?
Yes
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by haluca
I've been wondering a little about ranks, might as well ask here rather than starting another thread...

I noticed when I went up to warrior status, I was ranked around 93 in my country. The knight level is around rank 40. So both of those would seemingly have been calculated when there were around 1000 users nationally. Recently I saw a user on the country weekly top 50 list who'd 'gone up' more than 3k places - meaning the local user base had at least tripled I guess?

So, I'm wondering how often these ranking cut offs are changed? Hardly the most important question but it got me wondering.
haluca
Send a message

Post by haluca
It cant be, at least not here. I kept an eye on the amount of points I needed for warrior status for a couple of months, and it was always the same (18654). Now for the last 3 weeks or so I've done the same for knight status, and it has also stayed the same (around 56k).
haluca
Send a message

Post by haluca
davipt wrote: Some values are state/country and some values are overall, depends on the screen you are looking at.

My guess is that the user climbed 3K positions overall, which was probably a couple hundreds on your state.
I would of assumed it was 3K just within the state - I was looking at the "State - weekly" table, and whenever I/others move in that one, the positions moved up/down figure is just within the state (country).

And the rank thresholds definitely aren't updated monthly here - I first was aware of the 18654 figure in late May, and that was still the figured needed for warrior when I got to it in mid-august.
haluca
Send a message

Post by mapcat
I want a mitre.
mapcat
Send a message
CM, USA/Canada ∙ iPhone 5 ∙ iOS 7.1

Post by Scruffy151
I believe it is every monday when points and such are updating properly.
Scruffy151
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Spil
CBenson wrote:Isn't the rank shown the serverwide rank?
Yes, it is. The ranking number shown is your rank on the whole server (of which there are three: USA & Canada; Israel; and everywhere else). The "crown/sword/shield/adult/baby" icon rankings are based on your rank within your country (or your state, in the USA).
AndyPoms wrote:And, no there isn't a way to know how many users are in your region... But you can guesstimate when you rank up into the top 10%... You know your rank, you know you are now in the top 10%, you've already shown you can do the math...
Of course, when you've been #1 in your state for months ;), then there's no way of estimating. ;)
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by Spil
AndyPoms wrote:
Spil wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:And, no there isn't a way to know how many users are in your region... But you can guesstimate when you rank up into the top 10%... You know your rank, you know you are now in the top 10%, you've already shown you can do the math...
Of course, when you've been #1 in your state for months ;), then there's no way of estimating. ;)
Yea, I know that feeling... I bounce around the top 3 weekly in in the state (it depends on who has more time to edit that week)
I'll admit, it's been nice to see more New Yorkers getting into Waze ... it's a pretty big state to try to handle alone (even with ignoring the downstate area of NYC). With the renewed efforts of editors like mdqueenz, chrysrobyn, roughrider0459, and drivertim66, as well as newer editors like jeberhard, ncc1701v, PassingByU, and several others, we now have running battles for the weekly top three slots ... of course, the top slot on NY's all-time list is still pretty secure. ;)
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png