Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Search finds wrong street

Post by ChumpCar_Rcr
Does not list Carson Ln, Atlanta, GA when you try to find it - shows same street name in Smyrna, GA

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... s=67366833
ChumpCar_Rcr
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:7052577

Send a message

Post by AndreaDFC
AndyPoms wrote:Unfortunately, there is no way to control when or if Bing actually makes the change.
In fact I do still not understand why Waze does not also use its internal database, but only Bing's database which is often wrong (for example in Italy).
AndreaDFC
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Does Bing find the address properly? In certain base mapped countries (i.e. they got the map from the government or other licensed source) they use external providers for address look-up (typically Bing or Google). In the US, they use Bing to translate addresses into GPS coordinates and then route to the road closest to those GPS coordinates.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
porsche996turbo wrote:Bing has the same problem. Shows Smyrna, GA. Anyone to contact to fix this - or notify bing of the error?

Actually - Bing shows it as the wrong street name - Mathieson Dr.
Bottom left of the Bing page... Click "Feedback"... Fill out that form with as much detail as possible...

Unfortunately, there is no way to control when or if Bing actually makes the change.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
AndreaDFC wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:Unfortunately, there is no way to control when or if Bing actually makes the change.
In fact I do still not understand why Waze does not also use its internal database, but only Bing's database which is often wrong (for example in Italy).
In the US one building can have multiple addresses...

Streets can have alternate names.

The postal address can have a different city/town than the one the building is actually located in.

Some places go by historical/neighborhood names on some addresses.

A business in that building can have a custom zip code just for them, so there's (at least) two zip codes for that one building.

The building could have a physical address and a custom one too (i.e. 123 Main St could also be known as 1 Corporate Center.

If you use 2 possibilities for each of the above that's already 32 potential address (if my math is correct) to keep track of - for ONE building.

Keeping track of all that is a pain in the @$$, Waze would need it's own full POI database as well as specific GPS coordinates for each address and alternate address...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by ChumpCar_Rcr
AndyPoms wrote:Does Bing find the address properly? In certain base mapped countries (i.e. they got the map from the government or other licensed source) they use external providers for address look-up (typically Bing or Google). In the US, they use Bing to translate addresses into GPS coordinates and then route to the road closest to those GPS coordinates.
Bing has the same problem. Shows Smyrna, GA. Anyone to contact to fix this - or notify bing of the error?

Actually - Bing shows it as the wrong street name - Mathieson Dr.
ChumpCar_Rcr
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by iahim
I'm not sure if the search works instantly or only after the live map gets updated. I've noticed that you edited the road recently, so wait until the next map update and then search it again.
iahim
Send a message