Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Changing Phones.

Post by Iri-Dium
Hi,

On my old phone (Android 2.2) I was a Waze Royalty with around 80,000 points. However, I now have a new phone (Android 2.3). I've kept the SD card, so nothing has changed in the Waze folder, but alas when starting Waze, it shows me as a baby with only 1 point.

I've checked world.waze.com and this shows me with 80,000+ points, but it is not showing up on the application.

Is this a common problem, and if so how do I fix it?

Thanks
Iri-Dium

POSTER_ID:1487113

Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Yeah it just requires the app to sync with the mothership, there is no way to force this and can take a couple of days. Fear not though, as long as you entered the same login details it will happen once its ready!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
All you need is patience.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by Iri-Dium
Thanks for that. Could it be that I haven't used it since changing phones (i.e not driven anywhere)?

It's certainly been on and connected to the internet but still shows only 1 point. Also I have lost my groups and also my settings (car, appearance etc.)

Is it worth removing the waze directory on the phone and starting from scratch?

I'm signing in as baddog747 - does it matter on the U/L case - I've used the same password and I don't get any error messages.
Iri-Dium
Send a message

Post by Iri-Dium
All I need is brains. :oops:

It's sorted now. I think what happened was when I loaded the app onto my phone, I must have entered "USA & Canada" and not "International". I got suspicious when it couldn’t navigate to any place “big or small” in the UK.

So I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and it all worked as before – even my points were there in an instant.

I have a feeling that this might be a common problem. Maybe “International” should be reworded as “Everywhere Else”.

Many thanks for your support.
Iri-Dium
Send a message