Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

iOS 6 problem

Post by
I flashed my 4S iPhone to iOS 6 yesterday, and now I get no traffic. Waze continually indicates "Searching network" at the top of the screen and all attempts to report an incident are met with "No Network and GPS", however the maps and my location are shown correctly as they were in the past. Have already rebooted phone, restarted app, etc. Any ideas/solutions?

POSTER_ID:9045480

Send a message

Post by CBenson
Your location?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by ccoltmanm
I installed Waze on my iPhone 5, and yes, same issue as some of you.

Whole streets and subdivisions are not there, and in the middle of a city it tells me to proceed to the highlighted route 2 miles away. No street guides along the way.
ccoltmanm
Send a message

Post by edEskankus
Same issues with 4S phone after updating to ios6. Completely flaked out the program and gave me a bug message. I rebooted the phone and it worked better, but still got the bug message. All I got from the upgrade was a dumb VIP mailbox.
edEskankus
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73717866/waze.png

dbates • 6.0(10A403) • IP4

Post by edEskankus
My system seems to have recovered, but I lost 2 commuting days.
edEskankus
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73717866/waze.png

dbates • 6.0(10A403) • IP4

Post by floppyrod84
If the app was working fine before, blame/contact Apple.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by GizmoGuy411
Have any of you uninstalled Waze, done a complete shut down of phone, then reinstalled Waze to see if problem persists or not?
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"

Post by hafnhaf
got a new 4S the other day. no issues on waze or anything else. except for the lousy apple maps app...
hafnhaf
Send a message

Post by HarveyMRichards
ohiostmusicman wrote:Since I've upgraded to iOS 6, Waze was been crashing several times a day. Any one else having similar issues?
I mostly use Waze on the weekends while driving in the mountains. Last weekend and today it's crashed multiple times. No warning or errors, it just turns off. iPhone 4 with iOS 6. Never a crash under iOS 5 or 4.
HarveyMRichards
Send a message

Post by Ledgem
No problems with an iPhone 4S and iOS 6 here. Are you able to access the internet through other applications on your phone? I once had the same problems as you described - for me, it turned out to be a network issue that a reboot fixed. The maps are cached, so if you're still seeing them it doesn't necessarily mean that your connection is live. My guess is that this isn't a Waze issue, and that it's something with your phone settings and/or local cell towers.
Ledgem
Send a message

Post by markfeinberg
GizmoGuy411 wrote:Have any of you uninstalled Waze, done a complete shut down of phone, then reinstalled Waze to see if problem persists or not?
Thanks gizmo guy, was having the same problem as others with waze not connecting to the network. so far your fix seems to have worked. Will keep you updated if anything changes
markfeinberg
Send a message