Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Add and manage my favorites on the web?

Post by maxamaxa
Is there a way to centralize the home, work and favorite destinations?

I have two devices and its quite irritating that the favorites isnt account bount but instead divice-bound. Would be lovely to add a destination as a favorite on a device and then I could see it on the other device too.

That would also open up the possibility to manage it all on the web-page, which feels a little smoother than organising them on my android phone or ipad.
And please let me organize them in folders, pleeease :)

...it would also be nice with a feature "where am I now", I see it on the map but to be able to push a button and get the actual streetname and number would be very nice!

Great app over all, but stuff like this would make it far better!
//Max
maxamaxa

POSTER_ID:6582374

Send a message

Post by Agamicox
Any more replies on the same topic? Maybe somewhere else in this Forum there is a Big thread about it?

Really want to use Waze for daily use, but managing Locations/Favorites is pain in the.... :|
Thanks
Agamicox
Send a message
HTC One X

Post by Agamicox
Thanks for heads up Alan.
So if it's that bad in US... I assume in Ireland it won't work even longer comparing the number of users :(
Bad. Really bad.
Agamicox
Send a message
HTC One X

Post by Agamicox
Of course, will do. I didn't do it before as I didn't know if I stick around with Waze. Was just trying it out :)
Now I like it and want it to be as good as Possible!
Agamicox
Send a message
HTC One X

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze has it on their roadmap, or claim to, to be able to manage account info such as favorites from the website. Of course, LiveMap has to work first and that thing isn't worth the space the pixels take up right now. It's been half-living for years (literally) and hasn't graphically updated in the US at all zoom levels since June...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Agamicox wrote:So if it's that bad in US... I assume in Ireland it won't work even longer comparing the number of users :(
Bad. Really bad.
Perhaps so. FYI, please consider adding your location info to your Board profile so that other users could give more locally-relevant info. Another world user with better world-based info would possibly jump in.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by gerben
Just push the location on the map, and you will get a popup with the street name.
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png

Post by jvcas
Devices should sync "Favorites and History", every time WAZE is started in any one of them, with the same account. Many apps running both in iPhones and iPads do this.

It should be implemented soon
jvcas
Send a message

Post by pdbphoto
I also think being able to manage favorites on a home computer or tablet would be a great help. It would provide one place to update WAZE that would sync with all devices we use WAZE on. Also, for those of us with big fumble-fingers, we don't have to reenter the data so often. :D
pdbphoto
Send a message

Post by Spil
There isn't an online way to manage favorites (yet), but there is an option that may work for syncing favorites between devices. The favorites are stored in your device's Waze folder as a file just called "history"; if you have read/write access to that folder on both devices, you should be able to copy the file from one to the other. (You can also edit the files with a text editor, but that can be a bit tricky, since the order that shows in this file isn't necessarily the order that shows in the "Favorites" and "History" screens in the client.)

Note that I don't know for certain how well the Android client version of this file might work on the iOS version, or vice versa (although it seems logical that they would be the same) ... so be sure to save a backup copy before you do any overwriting! :D
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png