These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

unable to get waze to search iphone contacts (old 2013)

Post by
waze works well but for some reason I cannot get waze to search the contacts stored in my iphone. Is there a setting somewhere that you must make to allow waze to have acess to your iphone contacts. Tired of messing with it.

POSTER_ID:10649617

Send a message

Post by AayoGorkhali
The same problem here. To Waze, all of my contacts are blank. Any help? It is an iPhone 4s with IOS 6.

Thanks,
AayoGorkhali
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
EDIT: (Simulpost) Nice picture, d.

Go to Navigate, enter the name (or partial name) of a contact and hit enter/return (whatever it is), swipe to the contacts results. Covered in the user manual. http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_Navigate
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This is a known issue and is on The List. (Semi-official list; read-only copy)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Bigbear3764
Did you just do the iOS 6 update? Did it work before that?

1- try to power phone off, and then back on. Did my update and iTunes wasn't working right. I powered off, turned back on and hooked up to my computer. After that it was fine.

2- if that doesn't work, may need to do a hard reset of phone or uninstall and reinstall Waze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by cbenjam
Hi,
I have an iPhone 4S, running ios v 6.1.2. Privacy settings allow Waze to access my contacts. I have turned off/on my iPhone and re-installed it trying to get the problem gone.
What I am facing is that Waze finds some of the contacts but not all. So sometimes it finds a person I am trying to drive to its home, sometimes other person does not show up in the list. This really seems a bug because... for instance, if I search for Luiz in my address book I find 29 names. If I type "Luiz" on Waze and select contacts, waze finds only 12... and the Luiz I really am looking for is not in the list and yes... it has a valid street address on it.
I've been facing this for a while, but before, it was possible from waze to navigate in the address book and pick the right contact I wanted to drive to but in recent two versions or so, the only way to get a name is by searching it.
Anyone else having this behavior? It's consistent and replicable for me.

Thanks.
Carlos, a waze fan, just trying to make it better.
cbenjam
Send a message

Post by Davy_Ray
I too run into this problem. If the contact is listed as a company name it will not find it. And fuzzy searches do not work.

It would be nice if the search worked like Navigon. It opens your contacts allowing you to select one and then the associated address. easier to do than having to type in the name
Davy_Ray
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Type a name in the search box. Select the contacts option from the sources
uploadfromtaptalk1348302420416.jpg
(14.19 KiB) Downloaded 12914 times
via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by drdca
That was the answer -- thanks!!

Cheers, Dallas
drdca
Send a message
Cheers, Dallas!

Post by Ikkabar
Do the contacts on your phone have address information added?

I have an iPhone 4S on iOS 6, and the contact search works fine. It will only return results for contacts that have a street address listed in the contact details.
Ikkabar
Send a message
Area Manager for North Co. Antrim & North Co. Derry/Londonderry, Northern Ireland - Twitter
"Mapping the world one segment at a time"
iPhone 4S (iOS 6.0) & Waze 3.6
If I'm not editing, I've got lost in Minecraft.. or Farming Simulator..

Post by italial
Got to ur iPhone settings>privacy>contacts>turn on button next to Waze
italial
Send a message