Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

How long do reports stay on the map?

Post by kjstech
When you send a report, for say Police for example... how long does it stay on the map?

Do you have an FAQ that specifies each report type and the duration of it?

Scenereo:
I witnessed police setting up an enrad (infra red beam speed device). These are expensive and cumbersome to setup. Because they were just setting it up, I know the police will be there just about all day running the speed trap. Usually one officer is hidden but watching the enrad device and it radio's to a display in their car the MPH of anyone passing it (breaking the infra red beams). They radio to chaser cars down the road the make and model of cars and their speed. These are expensive and theres only a few ENRAD devices in the county, so when they set it up its usually an all day event with 4 to 8 chaser cars down the road and one officer manning the radio. I would hate for my report to only last 30 minutes when they are going to be there all day with this expensive equipment. Different jurisdictions rent out this equipment from the county and IMO is the most advanced, best stealthy speed trap around since it does not emit signals that trip radar detectors.
kjstech

POSTER_ID:6816747

Send a message
PA, USA - iPhone XS Max - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer

Post by Agamicox
I have sort of same question.
I was very frustrated on my way home. I checked the road ahead of me (the usual route I always take) and there were numerous reports that its packed/slow/standstil so I took back-roads to avoid it.

On the way beside the road, which was reported, I saw it's free of traffic completely. I wasted around 20 min later just to get back on the usual road :evil:
So my questions would be:
1) Is it possible to (or maybe would be good to implement it) Press on Reported Traffic Warning and Choose between: Road is calm, not a StandStill and etc? Might be a good idea, because what I did was not even noticeable, I Pressed on Report and Wrote on the Comment section: road is clear of traffic. But that didn't show up next time I pressed on Report, only thing I saw was a little Green Pop-up on the Icon.

2) How long Traffic Reports stays on the screen? I saw mine all the time while I was driving home, what took me around 1 hour

Thanks
Agamicox
Send a message
HTC One X

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
kjstech wrote:Apparently not long enough. I need the report to stay there longer. I have to use FakeLocation (cydia app) and periodically update that speed trap today.
If that's how you want to spend your day... If other wazers see the same and give it a thumbs up, then it will remain longer.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndreaDFC
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:If that's how you want to spend your day... If other wazers see the same and give it a thumbs up, then it will remain longer.
If he spends so his day, I would thank him! In fact it could be that there isn't any Wazer conferming that report (because they don't give a thumb up or because there isn't any Wazer going there), so the report disappears after 30 minuts and the next Wazer cannot be informed!
AndreaDFC
Send a message

Post by kjstech
Apparently not long enough. I need the report to stay there longer. I have to use FakeLocation (cydia app) and periodically update that speed trap today.
kjstech
Send a message
PA, USA - iPhone XS Max - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer

Post by orbitc
kjstech wrote:Apparently not long enough. I need the report to stay there longer. I have to use FakeLocation (cydia app) and periodically update that speed trap today.
That FakeLocation (cydia app) is not working...
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!