Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Munchy points but missing drives

Post by
Yesterday I put in 3 hours driving on lesser traveled roads. I received nearly 300,000 feet for munchy points but none of the drive areas are showing up in my editable areas. when I returned to my regular driving area the client only shows the city driving I performed. I passed through 6 smaller towns and my PC Waze editor does not recognize that I passed through that area at all.The phone map now indicates that they have been driven through and the roads I drove no longer show munchy points; what gives?

(Edited for ft munched, not points gained)

POSTER_ID:8231517

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Routes are often not posted in order, nor do they display in order in the editor. If you page ahead, you may find more drives listed as "today" or "yesterday" but I'm not 100% sure those dates are correct either.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
hickpop wrote:I also noticed that drives I took on September 20 are showing as "today", but have the right time and are in proper order (between the 19th and 21st).
Maybe that's what I've seen too, but didn't look too deeply. :mrgreen:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by CrackedLCD
redmaxx23 wrote:As it is, 3 days later, I have gained the munchy footage, but not the editable area.
What I was looking for was confirmation that others may have had this issue, not a brush-off to the FAQ.
I think the issue here isn't related to munching cookies but the server not recognizing some of your more rural drives. I'm new at this more or less, but have recently run into the same issue. There is a patch of rural driving I did that never showed up as editable and the only thing I can figure is it's near where the client said I had no network connection for a while.

That "no network connection" shouldn't affect the recording of travelled roads, but at least in a few instances for me, it has. What's even weirder is I never lost connectivity, it just dropped to 1x from 3G and the signal was ~1 bar on the phone display. Other apps worked fine, but Waze had a minor coronary over it. Most of the city of Pensacola is 1x only on my crappy carrier and so I saw this connectivity issue a lot whilst driving around. And lo, I can't edit but a small portion of the areas I've driven in that city. Strange.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
fzs122 wrote:I know that I haven't received "credit" anywhere in the list for the evening drives since then because it would open more editable area for me. Really odd since I've been known to take a drive at lunch just to open a spot or two and that has appeared almost instantaneously.
It's things like this that show a need for the Waze folks to communicate server issues with us better. The short drive I did yesterday showed up almost immediately, but the really long drive I did to open up more editable areas in my county haven't posted in days.

A fellow Wazer friend of mine has around 6,000 points on his client that haven't posted online yet, and he has never received a single candy for map edits despite doing hundreds. So I dunno what goes on behind the scenes, but it can be frustrating.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by fzs122
Same issue here. I took a different route home yesterday afternoon specifically to gain access to make some needed edits (road name is completely wrong). Yesterday morning's routes are posted and this morning's routes are posted.
fzs122
Send a message
Cumming, GA USA

Post by fzs122
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Routes are often not posted in order, nor do they display in order in the editor. If you page ahead, you may find more drives listed as "today" or "yesterday" but I'm not 100% sure those dates are correct either.
Good point. What I noticed is that drives that I took last Friday are listed correctly chronologically, but they still say "Today" instead of Friday, so maybe whomever wrote the logic for if it displays "Today" or "Yesterday" or the actual day of the week didn't get the code exactly right.

That said, most of my recent morning segments have posted, yet the last evening segment to post was from Tuesday.
recentdrives.png
(10.99 KiB) Downloaded 1489 times
I know that I haven't received "credit" anywhere in the list for the evening drives since then because it would open more editable area for me. Really odd since I've been known to take a drive at lunch just to open a spot or two and that has appeared almost instantaneously.
fzs122
Send a message
Cumming, GA USA

Post by hickpop
I'm having the same problem. I have routes over a week old that haven't been posted. Also, I now have multiple editable areas due to missing drives between the areas. It's funny, because there's no consistency. For instance, I drove for an hour yesterday and stopped once. The second drive appeared last night and the first has not.
hickpop
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Last edited by hickpop on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by hickpop
My routes seem to be in proper chronological order, but I've only checked the first 10 pages or so. I also noticed that drives I took on September 20 are showing as "today", but have the right time and are in proper order (between the 19th and 21st).
hickpop
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by hickpop
It would be nice to know. I've been trying to open some areas for two weeks now.
hickpop
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mpawlicki
Yeah, I am at a loss here myself as I drove some 250 miles this weekend from a major city to a middle of nowhere and my route was properly recorded even I drove through many areas of no cell coverage. Then on the way back all I got bits and pieces of the same route, totaling maybe a quarter of the total trip.
mpawlicki
Send a message