If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by harling
wickedlou9 wrote:Even so, more data is always better...
Not if managing that data diverts limited resources from more critical tasks.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by Jarpee05
I would like to see the ability to add favorites just based on your location at that time. So you don't have to put in an address.
Jarpee05
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
daknife wrote:
at least I'm not polluting environment
Do you realize how much CO2 you're panting out into the environment. :P :lol:
I'm glad someone pointed that out.

I'm not drunk...I'm using Tapatalk.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
bluepawel wrote:Is there an option like "prefer freeway/major highways" planned in the future? This can be very helpful for wazers who can't take smaller streets, because they're traveling in truck or with heavy trailer.
xteejx wrote:That is the default behaviour...
The option would have to be to avoid anything that's not a highway. Unfortunately, truck routes do sometimes hit residential streets, so a simple avoidance or preference wouldn't guarantee a good route for truckers. This also doesn't really fit into the target audience for Waze, which is driving commuters.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
pjlasl wrote:Speed limits...a lot of in town "traffic jams" could be suppressed if waze knew that 30mph was the speed limit and it not display that there is heavy traffic going 27mph
Once you have a significant number of Wazers in town, that will happen automatically. If the traffic is flowing at 27 and showing a jam, it's because there's not enough speed data yet.

That sort of thing stopped in my area once there was about 50 Wazers showing during rush hour every day.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jnbridges
Hi, Great App. here are some suggestions.

She is too verbose on known routes. If i have favorite routes i only need to know if there is trouble or the route has changed. She doesnt need to tell me every upcoming turn, pre-turn, turn etc.

That's It.

Thanks
jnbridges
Send a message

Post by JuandeCruzL
- Economic route. Now we just have shortest and fastest. Economic would be sort of a mix: the economic route is the one that is just a bit slower than the fastest, but much shorter.
My usual home to work route provided by Waze is about 12 km and 15 minutes long, using the highway. The route I use is just 5 km and 17 minutes long. Most of times, when Waze recalculates the route it shows the same ETA. iGo have this option and works great.

- Motorbike mode: Motorbikes are much less sensible to traffic jams than cars. A "motorbike mode" would penalty less traffic jams and slow roads when routes are calculated. Also, speed reports in motorbike mode would be less important... More than once I felt a bit guilty when crossing a traffic jam at 15-30 km/h while all the cars just can't move, and thinking that Waze is informing that traffic is slow, but fluent.
I guess that there's not many bikers using waze to implement this, but.... It's just an idea.
JuandeCruzL
Send a message

Post by KA-BA
(1)
At Report I want a sign for wheater.
For example: black ice on the road
perhaps only temporarily, but useful!
Hazard is certainly possible, but would be more accurate weather.

(2) No Map, only community!
saves download traffic!

greetings Frank
KA-BA
Send a message
Samsung GT-I9505 - CM12.1 nightly - WAZE 4.x

Post by KA-BA
thanks for the quick response.

(1) I will use hazard for black ice or fog.

(2) I will test it tomorrow
Is "traffic display" the same as map?

(3) new
Show Nickname next to waze logo on screen.

regards Frank
KA-BA
Send a message

Post by KA-BA
The maps are not the most data trafic ?
Community, reports and jams are important.
Maps not really, so farb no one is in unfamiliar territory .
Or in navigation mode .

regards Frank

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2
KA-BA
Send a message