Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

false reports

Post by
people posting false road reports for points ?, example i was on the way home on a main highway there was a wazer in front of me 1000 feet or so and a accident popped up on screen right where i was . there was no accident or any problem on the raod ,no other roads around me so it was on this highway. this is to help us on the roads not to be a big points winner !!

POSTER_ID:10667889

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
pvaladares wrote:It would be nice if there was a button to report it 'not there' right next to the 'thanks' button.
There is, but only if the alert applies to your road and direction of travel. Otherwise, Waze must assume that you are not knowledgeable enough to actually state it isn't there. Of course, that also suggests that the "Thanks" button should also not be there....
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
pvaladares wrote:So far I just got the 'not there' for cameras.
while driving pop-up alerts happen for cameras, police, hazards which apply to your road and driving direction only.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
iainhouse wrote:In those sorts of situations, I always say "thanks" because the information prevented me hitting traffic without having to be there to verify it.
Good point.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
pocs wrote:How about a button to report user who simply report for point?
while I was driving home. Some one just report rain almost every 500 meter. my 61km drive have result of me pressing not there about 40++ times. .
anywhere to report this guy's?
There is already a limit to reporting built in - the first report is 6 points, then it drops to 3, then 1, then 0. The limit is based on distance and/or time.

You can also go through the support link at the top of the page and Ask the Question "Report a User". Then click through to get to the email support option.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by brian26339
I have the same question. I was just following a wazer who must have made 20 false reports in a 3 mile stretch. Makes it very unreliable for the rest of us.
brian26339
Send a message

Post by iainhouse
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Of course, that also suggests that the "Thanks" button should also not be there....
Not necessarily. Several times, I have seen a user-generated alert for traffic on my route before I have reached that area. Waze has not routed me around the problem, but I have decided to change my route to avoid the problem.

In those sorts of situations, I always say "thanks" because the information prevented me hitting traffic without having to be there to verify it.
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by jakefantom
Actually, you may simply be thanking people who have been turning in bogus reports that have cost you hours of wasted extra travel time. On the Route 78/Route 81 corridor through Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia, there are dozens of such bogus reports generated every hour. I know because unless Waze reroutes me, I continue to follow navigation, and very rarely hit any actual traffic, much less complete standstill, etc. I am often only five minutes behind the report, so the odds of a problem having existed and now being gone is virtually nil. I believe groups of people, sometimes working in tandem, are simply conspiring to make Waze a worthless tool. In my humble opinion, Waze needs to up its game, perhaps by making it easier for users to comment on the validity of reports and the reliability of Wazers. Perhaps a reliability rating should appear next to user reports. And perhaps a few accounts should be canceled. That's my two cents.
jakefantom
Send a message

Post by JCologne
tahoels wrote:people posting false road reports for points ?, example i was on the way home on a main highway there was a wazer in front of me 1000 feet or so and a accident popped up on screen right where i was . there was no accident or any problem on the raod ,no other roads around me so it was on this highway. this is to help us on the roads not to be a big points winner !!
Same annoying problem here. There is a user around Düsseldorf reporting lots of traffic jams on my route that all magically disappear when I drive the route only some minutes later.
Send him/her a message already but neither response nor change of behaviour.
JCologne
Send a message

Post by ninjacakegirl
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I don't get the Report option showing up when I see this one user's false reports. He leaves leaves multiple reports for the same thing - potholes (that don't exist) on this one particular road. Every. Single. Day. I've taken pictures of the reports to show how many, that also show his user name, but without being able to report them in the app itself, it's become an annoyance when I start up the app everyday. Is there something that can be done?

These were taken safely at home with my tablet (since knew they were going to be there):

http://s1240.photobucket.com/user/Studio3d6/library/

Without a report user option, how can I get this guy to stop?
ninjacakegirl
Send a message

Post by orbitc
I've been advocating Waze to my friends and ask them to use it. After they start using it, I get the same complaints those fake road reports. Rightfully, if those reports are not valid what's the point of relying a "Crowdsourced, Social Navigation"
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!