These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Failed to Initialize - No Network Connection

Post by timmyjoe42
I keep getting these errors (for the past week) on my Motorola Cliq. (Running 1.5)
I don't know what is up, I have full Edge or 3G connections around here when driving.

Anyone else experiencing this? I've tried closing and restarting Waze several times to try to get it working, but I keep getting the same error.

I also just noticed that none of my routes since last Thursday (4/1) have shown up in My Dashboard.

Edit: I am running version 1.5.9.18 for Android
timmyjoe42

POSTER_ID:202598

Send a message
Last edited by timmyjoe42 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Area: Cincinnati, OH
Phone: Android 1.5 - Motorola Cliq

Post by btc9183
I have been having this same issue on my Moto Droid with Froyo. I was able to resolve it by going into Settings->Applications->Manage Applications and then pressing Clear Data. Then I relaunched Waze and set up the application again. It now works perfectly.
btc9183
Send a message

Post by DAmaNIac
Hi,

same problem occurred to me after the update a few days ago. Save your map data and screen settings from the SD card (folders skins and maps) if you have a large cache and own settings.

Uninstall the current version and delete the waze folder on the SD card.

Install the new version 1.7.2.0 and start, change all settings you need and close the app. Now copy the maps and skins folder back into the waze folder on the SD card and replace all files.

This worked perfectly and I didn't loose all the street data and screen settings.
DAmaNIac
Send a message
Area Manager Hamburg/Germany
Samsung Galaxy S2

Post by DAmaNIac
The download doesn't seem to work anymore unfortunately so you'll have to wait for new beta announcenments.

However the procedure I described earlier should work too for the version from the android market. Save the foldes I mentioned. Uninstall, delete folder on SD card, reinstall, change settings, exit and copy maps and skins back.

Problem should be solved. I couldn't however find a reason for this behaviour, so I can't promise it'll solve the problem permanentely.
DAmaNIac
Send a message
Area Manager Hamburg/Germany
Samsung Galaxy S2

Post by eggu
I have the exact same problem since i installed 1.7.2.0 for Android
eggu
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S6, Android 6.0.1, Waze Beta 4 (Dutch), Toyota Corolla

Post by eggu
damaniac wrote:Hi,

same problem occurred to me after the update a few days ago. Save your map data and screen settings from the SD card (folders skins and maps) if you have a large cache and own settings.

Uninstall the current version and delete the waze folder on the SD card.

Install the new version 1.7.2.0 and start, change all settings you need and close the app. Now copy the maps and skins folder back into the waze folder on the SD card and replace all files.

This worked perfectly and I didn't loose all the street data and screen settings.
Yes, this works perfectly, i do have internet-connection now!! Thanks for your support
eggu
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S6, Android 6.0.1, Waze Beta 4 (Dutch), Toyota Corolla

Post by FreeMan12
btc9183 wrote:I have been having this same issue on my Moto Droid with Froyo. I was able to resolve it by going into Settings->Applications->Manage Applications and then pressing Clear Data. Then I relaunched Waze and set up the application again. It now works perfectly.
I tried that, didn't work. I uninstalled & reinstalled waze (including clearing cache), and it's been working fine all day. It seems to have puked when I restored the app with Titanium Backup after a new ROM install.

EDIT: htc Incredible, CM6.0.2
FreeMan12
Send a message
Samsung Galaxy S5 w/root

Indiana

Post by timmyjoe42
How do I install 1.7.2.0 if 1.5.9.18 is the version in the Android Market that is available to me?

Today, even though I was being located by 7 GPS satellites, Waze would not work.
timmyjoe42
Send a message

Post by timmyjoe42
Awesome. That worked. :D
timmyjoe42
Send a message