iOS 6 problem

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: iOS 6 problem

Postby mastman26 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:11 am

Yep, I posted shortly after I got to work and before i realized that the fundamental issue is that I have no data flow since the upgrade. Wifi works fine, which is why i did not realize it at home last night. Looks like i am off to the genius bar. Thanks for the confirmation that Waze is rockin' steady. - mm
mastman26

Postby ohiostmusicman » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:01 am

Since I've upgraded to iOS 6, Waze was been crashing several times a day. Any one else having similar issues?
Travis
Waze 3.7.8.0
iPhone 5 (VZW) - iOS 7.1
iMac 21.5" & MacBookPro 15" - Mavericks 10.9.2
Area Manager: Northern Ohio

ImageImage
ohiostmusicman

Postby PhantomSoul » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:02 pm

There's a second patch available now (as of 12/18) for iOS 6 (6.0.2). Apple didn't, as usual, say what bugs were fixed, but they did say the patch fixes all kinds of bugs having to do with overall stability of things. Maybe it will help? I installed it last night and have yet to notice anything really different.

I've noticed that Waze doesn't seem to like interruptions to its internet connectivity and often crashes to home screen when it encounters them. Connection interruptions are a very real part of the mobile environment and they really need to be handled more gracefully than that. Then again, it could also be an iPhone problem where iOS does not handle interrupted connections properly. I haven't been using iOS 6.0.2 long enough yet to see if it makes a difference.
Wazing the Garden State... one jughandle at a time.
AM: New York City; New Jersey
AT&T iPhone 5 / iOS 7.1 / Waze 3.7.8
PhantomSoul
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby rhmiv » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Hey, I'm having the same issue. Also while I'm driving the app has a hard time locating me. I have access to other internet apps but Waze give me a "searching network" message. I've tried deleting app and reinstalling and rebooting iPhone 4. Any suggestions?
rhmiv

Postby safa76 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:48 pm

As far as I see the GPS unaccuracy in iOS6 is quite common issue (yes, me too :-( ):

http://my.support.runtastic.com/runtast ... _6_upgrade

I hope that Apple developers work on it.
safa76

Postby stevecody » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:07 pm

ohiostmusicman wrote:Since I've upgraded to iOS 6, Waze was been crashing several times a day. Any one else having similar issues?

I have the 4s with iOS 6 and haven't had any issues so far. I've had it for a week.
Steve Cody
iPhone 4 - Verizon - iOS 6.0.1
AM: Columbia, SC and Sumter, SC
stevecody

Postby steviegerv » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:14 am

I live out in the countryside, and have always had Waze on my iPhone crash when either I have to change route, or lose signal coverage. I now have an iPhone 5 and Waze crashes out to the home screen at the same point of the journey, where I have to leave my directed route (to pickup a colleage). This then leaves my iphone without any data connection, until I reboot the phone.
steviegerv

Postby tacomatrd » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:16 pm

I need help. When i try to look up gas prices it tells me there are no stations nearby. ios6 iphone 5
tacomatrd

Postby tacomatrd » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:32 pm

I live in Benicia Ca 35 miles north of San Francisco. (cannot find nearby stations. Gas prices can only be updated at the station)
tacomatrd

Postby WeeeZer14 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:46 pm

ohiostmusicman wrote:Since I've upgraded to iOS 6, Waze was been crashing several times a day. Any one else having similar issues?

I had frequent crashes this past weekend but only when driving through the mountains where I was always popping in and out of cell coverage every few miles. But other than that it has been rock solid.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Website, Community, General