Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

speed limit of the road on the map

Post by dsaville75
I just started using Waze and it is the greatest navagation app I have used. I searched the settings but did not see an option to have the speed limit of the road you are traveling displayed on the map it shows my speed. Is there a way to enable that or is that currently under development.

If this question has been posted before my appologies.
dsaville75

POSTER_ID:8551279

Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
bgodette wrote:
gkpdx wrote:
xteejx wrote:Who is going to pay for this data that has already been collected? Plus the licensing issues, and who would own the data after its been updated etc?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
Suppose another company owns rights to a suitable dataset, is willing to license it and wants money. Then the clever negotiating initiative may be to use Waze’ rapidly growing user base and its unique, easy and fun, user-driven update model to arrive at a mutually beneficial ongoing agreement that would produce a "best in class" feature for both companies.
Just like GasBuddy partnered with Waze to grow their base and coverage... oh wait...

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.
And WhatGas over here... No... Wait

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by floppyrod84
+1 it needs too much work to implement, and time that could be better spent giving a more useful base service!

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Don't get me wrong either, it'd be a nice feature to have for some, but I think you're asking for something a little different.
How about forgetting the average for that 10 min slice and say whether a road is slow on average for that road in total, like Google maps traffic layer. Is that what you mean?
That would be pretty nice. Or even a notification like a speed camera, but for a change in speed? There are easier ways to do it I suppose :-)

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
You're not reading what's been said and confusing the point.
A simple alert when you are over the speed limit has nothing whatsoever to do with average speeds and the way waze works and calculates routes, it would purely be as an alert, nothing else. Why are people misunderstanding that?

That's what he means.

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Again, that's not what is being said here. ALERTS ONLY!

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Lol good reply though!

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Yeah, simple way to not get caught is to be a safe and observant driver ;-)

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Simple solution I guess ;-)

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
It still isn't enough people. Longggg term yeah why not, but we need the map accurate first and that could take quite a while!

floppyrod84
Send a message