Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by aviljoen
No, it is still broken. I drive 20km home after work. The road still disappears. WAZE keeps on recalculating. Just for fun I counted the recalculations in 20 km. WAZE recalculated 68 times! This must mess up the WAZE routing services quite a lot and cause many "Oops..." messages.
aviljoen
Send a message

Post by aviljoen
I can confirm that WAZE was still working well on my BB here in South Africa about a month ago.
I get good internet speeds on my BB for all other internet purposes like banking so I doubt if internet speed is the issue.
It does however seem to be always the same road segments that are missing. Can anyone else confirm that observation?

I received the following email from WAZE Support today, but alas, it did not solve the problem for me. Maybe it is useful for someone else?
In reply to your inquiry "Blackberry Map Tiles do not load.":

1) Download BEAMEXPLORER from here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore ... 1/?lang=en

2) Remove Waze and reboot.

3) Run BEAMEXPLORER and delete the following folders:

/Memory Card/BlackBerry/Waze
/Device Memory/Home/User/Waze

4) Reinstall Waze.

Best regards,

Yonatan
aviljoen
Send a message

Post by aviljoen
Upon trying the above procedure I did, however, observe that the folder:
/Device Memory/Home/User/Waze
...did not exist on my Device.

Secondly: I re-tried the whole procedure and this time removed my phone battery between each step to ensure a good solid clean restart, but, alas, still no joy. The roads are still broken and the device still merrily recalculates while I'm driving.

(At least the device sounds cheerful while recalculating...)
aviljoen
Send a message

Post by aviljoen
Thanks Shmupi,
I tried that (both SD card and m.waze.com new version), but I think you're right. It is a server problem.
All my BB friends have the same problem and it all started at the same time.
aviljoen
Send a message

Post by aviljoen
Hi Shmupi,
Can I just confirm the debug procedure please?
When I enter debug mode with 2##2, what must I do next?
I have now scrolled to a blank area on the map and then I submitted the Error log.
Is that right?
Andre
aviljoen
Send a message

Post by aviljoen
Excellent thanks! I will do it after work today.
aviljoen
Send a message

Post by aviljoen
Hi Shmupi,
I would just like to confirm that the file I should zip and send is named waze_log.txt?
I have zipped and mailed this file as you suggested.
I hope it helps.
Kind Regards
Andre
aviljoen
Send a message

Post by aviljoen
Hi Shmupi,
I have sent an updated version of the information now this morning.
Can you please inform them to have a look as suggested?
Thank you
Kind Regards
Andre
aviljoen
Send a message

Post by aviljoen
They are also welcome to contact me on my mobile phone at any time. I will always try to assist.
All my contact details are in the email.
Kind Regards
Andre
aviljoen
Send a message

Post by aviljoen
Still ever hopeful, I tried WAZE again today on my Blackberry. Unfortunately no improvement yet.
aviljoen
Send a message