[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.3

Postby mike-bronner » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:41 pm

Thanks for the update, Tim! :)

WME Color Highlights for Safari has been updated with Tim's version 1.3. Version 0.1.2 hadn't been set up yet to allow for automatic updates, but it should work going forward.

You can download the latest version here:
http://www.rocking-mm.com/WmeColorHighlights/WmeColorHighlights.safariextz

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks!
~Mike
mike-bronner

Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.3

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:24 pm

I haven't installed the last couple updates. Thanks to Tim for this super tool! And Mike for keeping us Safari users happy. :)

Has the problem related to not allowing the toolbar to enable when not already logged in yet been able to be fixed?

How about the issue where segments don't select when loading a permalink which includes segments?

--
If it looks strange, or I used bad grammar or misspelled anything, it's my phone's fault.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks -

Postby Timbones » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:38 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Has the problem related to not allowing the toolbar to enable when not already logged in yet been able to be fixed?

Nope, 'fraid not. It also seems to stop the search box from working too. I'm at a loss as to what causes this, though I suspect a load event is getting disrupted.

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:How about the issue where segments don't select when loading a permalink which includes segments?

I thought I had, but apparently not. It doesn't always manifest when testing.

I'll have another go at tracking these bugs down for the next update... (if WME lets me)

via mobile
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby loeffelbaer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Timbones wrote:Here's my latest version: WME Color Highlights v1.3

• When a node is selected, it highlights segments with soft turns, reverse connectivity and U-turns
  • When 1 segment is selected, it highlights connecting segments at each end, as per selected nodes
  • Adds highlight for a selected road type (purple) - lowest precedence, excludes obvious types

See Soft and Hard Turns for explanation of terms...

:)

What do the different colors say? I've seen yellow and pink so far..
Gruß
Marco

Samsung Galaxy S4
loeffelbaer

Postby Timbones » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:04 pm

Loeffelbaer wrote:What do the different colors say? I've seen yellow and pink so far..

Click on a node, and you'll see colours explained in the side...

via mobile
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby mike-bronner » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:09 pm

Timbones wrote:Click on a node, and you'll see colours explained in the side...

I might be doing something wrong, but selecting a segment or a node doesn't seem to show these additional descriptions -- I don't see any JS errors (on my part) that would prevent this from happening either.
mike-bronner

Postby HandofMadness » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 am

I'm not seeing the explanation of what the different colors mean on connecting segments. Tried with Chrome and Firefox.
CM: Thailand CM: USA
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby iainhouse » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:26 am

Try looking at this node. It's just outside my editable area but the highlight still works for me, so I hope it will work for you. It is on the International server though ;) . The node has 2 soft turns and 1 u-turn allowed (I think that is "selfcon"). I've also seen purple highlights ("revcon"?) but don't have one to hand!

If I hover my mouse over the text with the coloured backgrounds in the Properties sheet, I get text showing the instructions to fix the problems. I'm using bog-standard Chrome on Windows XP.

I get the impression that most problems appear on roads that were probably once split. I've spent several hours going over all the major routes in my (fairly small) "home" area and I've found a considerable number of problems - including at least 3 affecting my daily drive to & from work that I haven't been able to identify up until now. Mainly unexpected u-turns when I disagree with Waze as to which way I should go!
AM: London (DELETED)
ImageImageImage
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby HandofMadness » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:42 am

I'm seeing it now when clicking on a node. I was thinking for some reason it would also show up when clicking on a segment. I assume "U-Turns" are the same as "selfcon"? Or would that be Reversecon?
CM: Thailand CM: USA
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby iainhouse » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:55 am

I think (and I'm definitely outside my comfort zone here :oops: ) that self-connectivity is what allows those unexpected u-turns you see during navigation. In other words you are driving up a segment and Waze tells you to come straight back down the segment at the next junction. I presume that the segment is "connected to itself" and will therefore route back at the end.

Reverse connectivity (purple highlight) I have only seen with one-way segments, where another segment joining the one-way segment at it's "outlet" shows a purple highlight on the one-way segment. I presume this means that, even though it's one way in one direction, Waze sees a valid routing going the other way.

Mind you it is nearly 3am here and I'm watching Sunday Night Football and doing some work stuff and I really should be sleeping! I'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about will come along and correct me. :)
AM: London (DELETED)
ImageImageImage
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor