The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

How to fix these problems?

Post by ABCStore
https://www.waze.com/livemap/?zoom=15&l ... g=52172113

When editing everything looks normal...
ABCStore

POSTER_ID:9675776

Send a message

Post by Inactive user -1691741615-
Cannot delete last destination 
Inactive user -1691741615-
Send a message

Post by ABCStore
CBenson wrote:I'm seeing many of these. Are you sure that is not the fastest route?
Hope this was sarcasm... I'm sure that turning left at the traffic light is faster than going through and then making a u-turn.
ABCStore
Send a message

Post by ABCStore
You can only make a u-turn if there's no traffic the other way and that's not the case here. It is a bug either in maps or in the routing algorithm. The question was how to fix this kind of insanity.
ABCStore
Send a message

Post by ABCStore
CBenson wrote:So another way to fix the route may be to drive the suggested route so waze learns that it is not the faster route.
Waze DOESN'T LEARN S__T! I drive home every day and it neither learned a better route that I take nor these obvious bugs.
ABCStore
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ABCStore wrote:The question was how to fix this kind of insanity.
Hyperbole isn't necessary. There is always a mathematical reason why Waze would suggest this kind of route. But because we don't get to see all the data behind the routing decisions, we go by logic.

One option is to remove the left turn at the end of this segment. This could cause other problems though and may not be the right answer.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ABCStore wrote:
CBenson wrote:So another way to fix the route may be to drive the suggested route so waze learns that it is not the faster route.
Waze DOESN'T LEARN S__T! I drive home every day and it neither learned a better route that I take nor these obvious bugs.
My experience disagrees. And just because it doesn't route the way you want doesn't mean it isn't making the correct mathematical choice. Waze does not learn routes.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Mike-1323 wrote:That said, if you do drive the suggested slower route a few times (and it is actually slower) and Waze continues to choose it as the preferred fastest route there may be a map error in your desired route that causes Waze to discard it.
And road type preference comes in to play at certain route distances.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I'm seeing many of these. Are you sure that is not the fastest route?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Nope, not sarcasm. I'm not saying you're wrong either (I have some of these where I think waze is wrong). But why are you sure that turning left at the light is faster than going through and making the u-turn? It appears that the left turn has its own turn signal. If that left turn signal is red for much longer than the red for going straight through, then it seems conceivable that on average its faster to go straight and make the U where there is no left turn signal.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902