Jolly drivers

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Jolly drivers

Postby cdombroski » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:06 pm

screenshot.gif
screenshot.gif (243.2 KiB) Viewed 1172 times

Yes, let's cut through somebody's parking area because lefts are illegal at the light. I'm sure that won't annoy anyone at all....
cdombroski

Postby cdombroski » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:28 pm

Turn not allowed (user reported)

Reported on: June 09

No amusing text here; just another user from the school of "didn't learn how to navigate traffic circles/roundabouts". User got a "At the roundabout, make a left" instruction; they were apparently confused by the one-way sign and made a right instead :roll:
cdombroski

Postby cdombroski » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:04 pm

Apparently this driver didn't get the memo about problem reports needing to be done on site...

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lon ... TTTTTTTTFT

Edit: add a picture...
screenshot.gif
Too many reports!
screenshot.gif (104.82 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
cdombroski

Postby cdombroski » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:30 pm

txemt wrote:Check the dates on them. I've seen those before and usually the person doing it will report it once a day, which generates that many in what looks like a little amount of time. I also tend to hit those immediately when I see them, as they are representative of a real problem (missing road, wrong driving direction, etc).

These are all within a 3 day span and for a variety of problems. Most of them also have no drive data. Finally, this is a residential area which increases the possibility that this is a person scrolling the map around in Waze and reporting problems from their couch.

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can really do about this without doing something like putting a road on their house telling them they're being ineffective. I guess this person is going to receive a bunch of emails about how I wasn't able to resolve their problems.....

EDIT: So there was 31 of the things there.
cdombroski

Postby cdombroski » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:02 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:
kodi75 wrote:
Problem: what you show as Charlund Drive in Kingsville MD is OUR PRIVATE DRIVEWAY AND NOT A PUBLIC ROAD. Please correct this immediately or be prepared to contribute financially to the maintenance of our private property.

Idle threats!

He's got it all wrong anyway! That's Charumb Ct, not Charlund Dr. Obviously he doesn't live where he thinks he does.

Not only that, but that road has only one connection, so it should only be used by waze for destinations on that road and turnarounds.
cdombroski

Postby cdombroski » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Problem: To get to North Carolina from short pump Virginia I should not take 64 east it should tell me to take 295 S. to 95 then to get on 64 east at Rocky Mount
Reported on: July 02

Not at all sure what this person was thinking. I-64 doesn't pass through NC. It certainly doesn't go through Rocky Mount (place in NC). Assuming you wanted to go to the beach by taking 64 east until you got to the Va Beach area and then grabbing a US or local road south to NC, why would you take 295 instead of just getting on 64 (assuming this wasn't rush hour)? Even if that were the case, the route they described still goes through the 2 worst interchanges in Richmond.

Edit: Ok, I looked closer at it and they were already going west on 64, and Waze was telling them to get off and turn around.... However, all of the above still applies.
cdombroski

Postby cdombroski » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:23 pm

I have no idea how this worked.... :?

screenshot.gif
screenshot.gif (211.52 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
cdombroski

Postby cdombroski » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:35 pm

And then there's people who don't like bowties:

Problem: East and West W Broad Street need their own street at the intersection instead of all roads connecting at 1 point.

I guess I could do a twisted cross instead, but I imagine they won't like it any better and it works the way it is.
cdombroski

Postby Challenger3802 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:47 pm

davielde wrote:We're likely down one Wazer now...

I suspect there is a pedestrian with waze on their smart phone. I know my wife keeps threatening to do the same!
Image Image Image
AM Gillingham (Kent) & Maidstone
Challenger3802
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Challenger3802 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:31 am

DoNotUpdate wrote:Another useless General Error report...

I propose that we either
    A- Get rid if it.
    B- Make it a requirement to fill out the comment field.
    C- Being that many drivers report while in motion, Waze should automatically send an email to reporters after ALL map error reports requesting additional info.
    D- When a driver clicks on report map error there should be a pop-up box saying "I agree to be contacted by volunteer Map editors if more information is needed and to provide the best possible explanation regarding this report." The box should have a small check box saying "Do not show this message again".

If you guys agree I will formally request this in the WME feature update requests..(unless it has been brought up already). Thoughts?

I agree to all these points - we definitely need something to stop general errors being reported, then the reporter vanishes into the ether, never to be heard from again. Those that do reply are generally heavy users and get back within two days, most though after 2 days can't remember where they were when they submitted the report, and also can't remember why.

Ian
Image Image Image
AM Gillingham (Kent) & Maidstone
Challenger3802
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor