[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov

Postby timl2k12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:06 am

iainhouse wrote:
You're not confused: it is this script that highlights the selfcons and revcons, but it only does so on higher road types - primary street and above.

I think the discussion is somewhere in this thread, but you're right about it being a long one. :lol: I think the reasoning is that it's only worth fixing them for the more "important" roads. I have seen a couple of requests before to highlight all of them, but I think Timbones (the author) doesn't feel it is necessary.

Thanks. My two cents, it is important for all roads, though especially those near important roads. It was actually a mystery to me what problem a Uturn node causes until I accidentally discovered one on the Live map when I wanted the answer to the question "How will waze reverse a users direction at an SPUI where no uturns are allowed?. Well a picture is worth a thousand words so:
Bad U-turn1.jpg
annotated image
(111.77 KiB) Downloaded 973 times

I saw this and sure enough there was a Uturn node at Briarthorn and Midland. I don't understand why the uturn node gives the end result and the irony is on a road like Ehrlich you can make a u-turn at most median crosses, but since it is not split, waze won't give that option, something that will hopefully be addressed in the future.
timl2k12

Postby iainhouse » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:22 am

timl2k12 wrote:This is a long thread and am sorry if it's been covered and I'm only making it longer. I'm finding Highlights does not highlight ALL UTurn nodes. Seems to maybe not highlight Uturns that are only on plain old streets. I occasionally click on an random street and discover it has a Uturn, but the node was not highlighted. Or am I confused and it is something else that highlights UTurn and RC nodes?

You're not confused: it is this script that highlights the selfcons and revcons, but it only does so on higher road types - primary street and above.

I think the discussion is somewhere in this thread, but you're right about it being a long one. :lol: I think the reasoning is that it's only worth fixing them for the more "important" roads. I have seen a couple of requests before to highlight all of them, but I think Timbones (the author) doesn't feel it is necessary.
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby timl2k12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:56 am

This is a long thread and am sorry if it's been covered and I'm only making it longer. I'm finding Highlights does not highlight ALL UTurn nodes. Seems to maybe not highlight Uturns that are only on plain old streets. I occasionally click on an random street and discover it has a Uturn, but the node was not highlighted. Or am I confused and it is something else that highlights UTurn and RC nodes?
timl2k12

Postby mike0723 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Yes, I did. So many of the roads in the area had no city names assigned, but when I took off No City and No Name, the green appeared.

Thanks for the info.
mike0723
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Timbones » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:02 pm

mike0723 wrote:It seems the green for un-connected roads only shows when the segment has City/State filled in. Otherwise, it is gray.

Do you have the 'No City' option enabled? That takes precedence over the 'Unconnected Roads' option.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby mike0723 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:35 pm

It seems the green for un-connected roads only shows when the segment has City/State filled in. Otherwise, it is gray.

Anyone else notice this, or is it just me?

I am using v1.5.8
mike0723
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby bz2012 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:33 pm

Measles seems to have disappeared. The revcon/softcon/u-con colored nodes are missing.

Disregard. Seems to be back after I disabled all extension and then re-enabled them.
:(
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby iainhouse » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:44 am

Twister_UK wrote:Iain, please try the 1.15.1 update I've just posted - although I wasn't able to replicate the problem you've described, I did find something in 1.14 and 1.15 which has the potential to cause it.

By George, I think he's got it!

That was it. I've noticed that scrollbar appearing as well, but I didn't connect the dots. :oops:
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Twister-UK » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:19 am

Iain, please try the 1.15.1 update I've just posted - although I wasn't able to replicate the problem you've described, I did find something in 1.14 and 1.15 which has the potential to cause it.
Twister-UK
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby iainhouse » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:18 pm

Timbones wrote:Final call for feedback for this beta...

I checked the landmark highlighting issue and that's now working fine.

There is another issue that has gone back a few versions, but I'm not sure how far or if it's connected to the beta versions. I have been seeing a weird problem that I have only now made the effort to pin down. :oops:

Whenever I refresh the browser or go to a favorite or hit permalink, I find that the roads & aerials layers are shifted horizontally by a few pixels:
offset.gif
(4.87 KiB) Downloaded 1106 times

In this image you can see that the highlights appear to the right of the road images. Also, the cyan segment highlight where I have moved the mouse over a segment is offset. Although this image doesn't include the aerials, they are lined up with the road images. If I pan the map, the road & aerial images will then shift to the right, lining up with the highlights and actual selectable segments.

After disabling all other scripts and then re-enabling them one at a time, I have pinned it down to an interaction with Twister_UK's WMEOpenData script (both versions 1.14 and 1.15). If I disable that script, the offset behaviour does not happen.

It's not a biggie - I've got used to panning a bit immediately after following a link or refreshing - but I thought I'd better mention it. When I've posted this, I'll post a link to it in the topic for WMEOpenData.
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor